Chapter 12

1.7k reads! omg so excited thank you guys for reading and giving my book a chance!

Sorry for the late update by the way.

unedited

********************************************************************

Chapter 12: Jealousy and Catastrophe

An awkward silence surrounded the kitchen, feeding onto my nervousness.

Nathan was vocal when we started our shifts today, we had conversations and we were communicating more, I was more comfortable with talking to him.  However after Blake's arrival he became quiet.

We were working on the same benchtop and I decided against talking to him first because I did not understand why he was angry. It was evident that he was mad, you could feel it from the next store over and you could feel that explosive aura.

"What's his name?"

I avert my gaze from the  cake to Nathan. "Who?"

"The guy that was just here" he replies sharply. I knew he was talking about Blake.

"why?" I ask fiercely then I jump at the sudden sound of his fist loudly hitting the table.

"Because-"

"What's all the commotion!" my mother inquires as she steps in the kitchen, thankfully, saving me from an unwanted heated argument with Nathan that would cause us to not talk to each other once again.

What is his problem anyway? why does he care who I talk to?  he has no right to control my life or who I talk to. My brain tells me I should be angry at this so you know what?  I will.

We fall silent as we don't have anything to say. What was I going to tell my mother anyway?
Sorry Mum, Nathan is just being a brat because he is...

Jealous?

Could it be?

It is the only explanation as to why he is acting like this, that or he's gay and just hasn't told me yet and he probably liked the guy that hit on me.

Oh my god shut the hell up Nikki!

I have to stop letting my imagination run wild. It's jealousy, there is no denying it. I am not one of those girls that doesn't notice a jealous guy when I see it, but my question is why is he jealous?

This is too much thinking and I'm getting a migraine, I need a packet of aspirin.

"Nikki! where are you bitch!"

Ugh, saved by the bell, or should I say saved by Andrea. "Kitchen, Andy" I roll my eyes at her fretting and footsteps trail to the kitchen and Andy's redhead pokes in like a chihuahua.

"Hi Nancy" Andrea greets my mum as she casually walks in the kitchen "god it smells amazing in here" she seems almost enchanted as she inhales the sweet smell of fresh cakes and bread.

My mother smiles as she wipes her forehead, "hey there, sweetheart" mum responds and we hear the chime of the bakery door, notifying us of a customers  entrance.  "just a moment darlings" she says as she leaves the kitchen.

Andrea averts her eyes from my mother to Nathan and her eyes widen in surprise as if she forgot he ever worked here. "Oh...hi Nathan" she greets him awkwardly.

"Hey" he replies while smearing some icing on a freshly baked lemon cake. I take my oven mitts off as it seemed like Andrea had something to tell me.

"Hello!" A male voice echoes through the kitchen and a blonde haired-blue eyed boy pops in the kitchen literally out of nowhere with his signature smile . I recognised him, he was Tyler Woods. The prankster extraordinaire and Nathan's friend.