Firefly

Ed sat on Emily's porch and laughed. It was getting dark, but he stayed put. 

"Emily?" He asked her. She set her beer down. "Yes?" She asked.

"Why do you feel insecure? You of all people?" He asked. She paused and looked at him. 

"Living in a town with less than 2000 people... I knew everyone well enough. They knew all my flaws. They thought my nose was too big or my hair was too red or my eyes were too close together." She stated. 

"Emily, you're beautiful in every single way." He said.

She blushed. "Thanks, Teddy." She said with a grin. 

"I'm not joking around. Emily, you have amazing an hair color and your eyes are at a perfect place on your face." He said honestly. 

"And my nose?" She asked looking at him. He smiled. 

"Beautiful. Not too big at all. Shaped perfectly"

She laughed. "Shaped perfectly?" She asked while laughing. 

"It is!" He said as he laughed too. She took a drink of her beer and let a long breath out. 

"You're fantastic, Teddy." She said looking at his messy ginger hair.

He smiled. "In ways." He said nodding. She looked at his face now. 

"How come you're single?" She asked. He laughed lightly.

"Can't find anyone who's..." He stopped. 

"Decent?" She asked. 

"No, not that. I want them smart, kind, caring... ginger." He said looking down. She paused. 

"All my friends think you like me. So does Steven." She stated. He looked up at her. 

"Do you think so?" He asked. She shook her head. 

"No. I don't see anything." She said lying. She knew Ed liked her, and he was too caught up in his own crush on her he didn't even realize he didn't even realize she liked him.

He sighed and opened his mouth before he paused. He smiled and she looked at him. "Fireflies." He said. 

"What?" She asked.

 "Look." He said pointing. She turned to the grass and smiled. "Better catch them before it burns this place down." He said grinning.

She smiled and stood up, walking to the firefly. She lightly cupped her hands over it and grinned. "Caught it." She said smiling. He walked to her.

 "Emily?" He asked her.

"Yes?" She replied. 

"I think the world looks better through your eyes." He said smiling. She looked up at him and let the firefly lose. 

"Why is that?" She asked. 

"You see the best in everything." He said in a faint voice. She paused, a smile still stuck on her face.

"I guess I do." She replied. He smiled at her. 

"So do you." She replied as she reached for another firefly. 

"No. Not really." He said shaking his head and laughing.

"Why not? You wrote a song about a prostitute. No one does that anymore. Not that I know of. And I know a lot." He laughed at her comment. 

"That's true." He said nodding. 

"Which part?" She askes with a grin. He paused. 

"All of it."