Chapter 11 - Guardians

Elsa's POV ~

    I looked down at my sister.

She no longer seemed scared but was sleeping peacefully after what Tooth, she told me, did for her. Apparently she was knocked into a nightmare she so feared, she froze under pressure. With the help of the short gold man, Sandy, she relaxed.
    She stood still on her bed as I waited for her to wake up, the sound of fighting softly echoing.
    Every now and then, there would be a loud bang that made me jump.
    Outside, Tooth and Sandy and their 2 other friends were fighting those creepy horses and the evil Pitch.
    The evil Pitch, a.k.a the Boogeyman, whom tales have been made about a creeping figure who spreads fear into your dreams.

    I took a break from this thought to check outside the window in the hallway.
    Colors of gold, red, green, and black filled the atmosphere.

    How could no one hear this?
The sounds of whinnying, fluttering, and magic were loud.

    Is this truly even happening?
    Is this a dream?
If I wake up, will Anna be alright?

    I pinch myself.

    Nope.

    Pitch was still, watching his growing minions distract the 4 'guardians'.
    He was smiling, his hands clasped behind him.

    Why is he smiling?

    I looked.
    What I saw made every hair on my body stand.

    The horses had grown in size and enclosed the guardians in a circle. In the center, each of them were struggling, their sweat breaking, and smiles of triumph, gone.

    "Seems like you haven't been doing your jobs guardians. Fear floods this village and is continuing to grow! Is it the queen? Perhaps. But it is also all of you! I can feel the fear, hear the fear in your breaths. You've become weaker guardians! Even if the good ol' Jack Frost were here, he wouldn't be able to save you. After years of misery, it was this simple. Ta Ta guardians. I'll kill you myself now, if you don't mind."

    With a snap of the fingers, the horses disappeared, the guardians barely on their feet.
    Pitch slowly walked up and what grew behind him, made me do what I thought I wouldn't be able to do.

    Protect.

    Before the sharp end of a long scythe could be finished developing, I pushed open the glass pane and shouted,

"HEY BOOGEYMAN!"

    He turned a little bewildered.

"They may not have Jack Frost but they have me."

    With the little bit of anger in me from him hurting my little sister, I conjured a big orb of ice between my palms and forced it in his direction.

    Pitch laughed.

    "My what a great little moment but you missed! Would you like to die along with these 4? I'll be glad to rid a big force from this planet."

    I smirked.

"Did I?"

    With the smile wiped away, he looked down.
    The orb had gently hit the bottom of his robe with such speciality, it froze him to the ground, slowly crawling its way up to his waist.

    Pitch growled.

    "Unfortunately, now I must go. You Queen, will be next."

    With that, he disappeared. The block of ice shattered and quickly melted.