Chapter 44: A Fun Family Outing (14 years, 5 months)

If Jesse didn't stop staring at him, Liam was going back to his room and locking the door.

"Are you ready to talk about it?"

"Nothing to talk about." Liam set his book up, so it blocked the other sub's face.

"Liam," whined Jesse. "Come on. I know something happened. Why won't you let me be there for you like you are with me?"

"There's nothing to worry about." He scribbled down the answers on a worksheet.

"Liar," breathed Jesse.

The room fell silent, except for a few other boys watching TV in the corner. All the other tables in the break room were empty. If he didn't have this stupid worksheet to do, Liam would have gone with the others to see the football game.

"How was your date?"

Jesse sunk down in his chair. "Fine. It was more like a hangout. I'm thinking of maybe trying to do something with just the two of us."

"Sounds like a disaster."

Jesse groaned and flopped over the table. He pushed the book out the way so they could see each other properly. "I want to do stuff with Daven. Just me and him."

"Sex already," Liam shook his head, "you two work fast."

"Shut the hell up." Jesse folded his arms and pouted at him. "I didn't mean that."

"I know," replied Liam.

Jesse leaned closer. "I have the answers. I got them from Raven."

"That's called cheating."

"It's called using your roommate who's a fucking genius, okay?"

Liam looked him in the eyes. "Raven right, you swear a lot."

Jesse dropped into his seat. "How do you think I got them?"

"You swore at Raven until he gave them to you?"

"No!"

The boys watching TV looked over the couch at the two.

Jesse smiled sheepishly, before turning back to his friend. "He said if I went a whole day without cursing, he'd help me." He clasped his hand on the table.

"You made it a whole day?"

"Well," Jesse said uneasily. "I made it a whole day not swearing around him. Come on, Liam. Just change the wording a bit and take advantage of what I'm offering." He wiggled his eyebrows.

"Not interested, but," he took a deep breath, "I'll have a look at it. Some of these I can't find, and I'm tired of looking."

Jesse grinned and jumped up. He started toward his room with Liam behind him, holding an armful of books. Going to all these sporting outings had put him behind. He was nearly caught up, though. Jesse opened the door, and Liam tried not to laugh at the large posters plastered across the wall of female human pop stars.

"So this is how you've been hiding your porno wall from Daven."

"I'm not ready to expose him to the wonder that is the man wall. Look." He listed a poster. "Daven was included." He waved his hand under of an image of them together at Northern Ridge.

"I bet Daven will be so happy he gets to be with all these naked men."

Jesse fixed his friend with a firm glare. "This is not porn. We talked about it a million times, so if you want my answers, shut up."

Liam just grinned and sat down at the desk. Jesse gave him the paper, and Liam set to work filling in any of the empty spaces.

"Where'd Raven go?"