"Prattfall..." Part XIX

"Prattfall..."

Disclaimer: Would Joss want his name associated with this? I think not...But anyway all BTVS characters remain the property of Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy, and all other owner/creators of the Buffy the

Vampire Slayer series...Though his brother Mort gets nothing...

Archived at the Normalverse page of the Buffy Rebecca verse, www.buffyrebecca.com...

Summary: As you know I leave the "Pratt" to the Whedonverse, except for this one little bit...

In early 30's Hollywood Spike offers advice to a distant relative...

Part XIX...

Well...Spike pondered, eyeing the self-satisfied look on Florey's face as he smiled at Pratt in his make-up chair and Spike.

I can either find a way to make this chubby French problem mysteriously go away in some dark corner.  A bit unlikely in a major film studio now filling with personnel for the day...Or...

I can trust my instinctive faith in cousin Bill's artistic genius...For once in my Unlife returning to my former faith in Art and its power to make the Ideal Beauty, reality.

Mmmn...Naugh...Best to kill the f-ing French sob.  After all, this one would be for the sake of Family...

Though how to do it without Bill being implicated?  Let alone attracting a lynch mob including a number of cast and crew who at least, thanks to their work on "Dracula" know the basics of how to deal properly with the Undead.  

I would have to pick Universal as my workplace...

Lord, playing human is complicated...

"Shall I get to it?" Pierce asked.

Hmmn...Well, best to play it cool for the moment...Always time to find a good killing field later...

"Absolutely..." Florey smiled casually.  "After all, Bela will want your full attention when he gets here.  In just a few, actually..." he eyed his watch.

So much for option one...For now...Spike thought.

Ah, well...May Art triumph...This one time...

"Best to get to it, mate..." he smiled to the waiting Pierce.  "I'm sure Mr. Laemmle will be anxious to see our Creature from multiple angles." Reassuring smile to Pratt who eyed him...Nodding back...

.................................................................................................................................................................

Dru, in gown, hair waved and set, make-up being retouched found herself on the set of "Horse Feathers", being attacked from three sides.  As Raymond and John made introductions...The crew scurrying about, some, with lesser cast members, pausing to watch the group around Dru...

"A delight to meet you, Miss Waverly..." the first heavily made-up actor facing her, cigar stuck in mouth, offered a hand.

"Indeed..." a second figure, in Italian peddler outfit, likewise made-up...Smiling...Slight bow...

"Enchanted, sweetie..." a third in top hat and long coat, horn at side, fright wig on head.  Patting her arm...

"Is this what they're giving us now?" a fourth actor, in casual suit and tie frowned at her...

"It's a great honor to be here with you..." Dru began.

"Yeah..." the fourth frowned again.  "And we're aware of that, sister.  I just hope you know how lucky you are to be here and what we expect from you..."