"Prattfall..." Part I

"Prattfall..."

Disclaimer: Would Joss want his name associated with this? I think not...But anyway all BTVS characters remain the property of Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy, and all other owner/creators of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer series...Though his brother Mort gets nothing...

Archived at the Normalverse page of the Buffy Rebecca verse, .com...

Summary: As you know I leave the "Pratt" to the Whedonverse, except for this one little bit...

In early 30's Hollywood Spike seeks to rescue a classic film from disaster and offers advice to a distant relative...While Dru pursues a career in the film industry...

Part I...

Hollywood, California...early 1931...Land of incredibly abandoned wealth, lavish glamour, wild ambitions, and desperate poverty...

"Get away!" the butler, a stout 50-ish type in formal suit, glared from behind the fence bars...Seltzer bottle raised, while the guard at his side raised crossbow...

"Ow!" Drusilla howled, wringing hands, having tried once again to cross the fence barrier.  Spike pulling her back.  Blowing anxiously on her hands...Glaring at the butler safely behind the fence barrier...

Holy water seltzered in a lady's face?  Hardly sporting, mate...

Even if...Given Charlie Chaplin one could appreciate the humorous side of it...

Inwardly of course...He patted Dru's arm.

"Mr. Chaplin only receives guests by invitation." the butler repeated, firmly. "Especially of the Undead persuasion..."

At least one hopes Mr. Chaplin has learnt his lesson regarding female members of the Undead.  After those two before...

"Just wants his autograph..." Dru, plaintively.  "We loves the Tramp, we does..."

"Write United Artists...Good evening." the butler turned on heel.  The guard backing away, crossbow targetted on the two "fans".

"Comes all the way from England, we does!  Bastard!" Dru howled.  In raging demon face...

"All the way from England...Oh..." she sighed.  Resuming human...

"Celebrities, love...What you gonna do?" Spike patted her...

"Loves the Tramp...Dru does...Wouldn't have hurt him." she noted as he led her away down the street from the Chaplin estate...

"Well...He probably sees it differently, girl." Spike noted.

"Never see his films again...Nasty..." she muttered.

What?  He blinked.

Lord, one more pleasure in this damned miserable existence gone...

"I'm sure it wasn't personal, Dru.  If Charlie had met you..." he tried.

"Kill his family, I will..." grim look.

"He'd probably be grateful to lose a few ex-wives..." he pointed out.  "And you'd only be hurting yourself, Dru.  No more Little Tramp?  You love the Tramp..."

"Nasty...Mean to poor ole Dru." she frowned.

"Now, Dru...Perhaps if we tried a less direct approach.  Got ourselves a proper invite playing human?"

She eyed him narrowly...

Killing the Chaplin family having more of a satisfying ring to it...

"I'm sure if Charlie met you, you'd charm him, Dru.  Playing the sweet human girlie..." he smiled. "Acting?" he grinned, indulgently. "Showing Mr. C what Drusilla can do...?"