All of my guardians had received their new uniforms yesterday, including the formal ones that they would wear tonight. They were black and trimmed in the Ivashkov red with roses embroidered on the collars.

Dimitri's and Alberta's formal uniforms however were a little different than the others. Dimitri's had red ribbons across the shoulders and red braided silk rope around the shoulder. His also had a heart, around the stem of the rose on the collar.

(THINK ABOUT THE DECORATIONS ON PRINCE CHARMING'S JACKET, ONLY IN RED.)

While Alberta's just had the silk rope around the shoulder. Dimitri's signified that he was the head of my guardians and Alberta's showed that she was second in charge. At least until Dimitri got up the nerve to propose. After that Alberta would be first in charge and another guardian would have to be added.

"Are you ready to become queen lyubov' moya?" (my love)

"No. Not even close." I breathed out nervously. My words caused all of my guardians to laugh at my nerves. I was getting more scared and nervous by the second.

"I can't do this Comrade." I began to pace and panic even more.

Dimitri took my hands in his and tried to calm me. "Milaya moya, please calm down. You have always been a queen, you have always acted like a queen by putting everyone else before yourself. That is just one of the traits of a true queen that you have always shown. You are the strongest, bravest, most loving and protective person that I have ever known. You can do this Roza, you not only deserve the title of queen but you have earned it. Like no one else in our entire history or our future." He gently caressed my cheek. (my dearest)

When I still didn't calm down to his satisfaction he took my hand and laid it over his heart. "Sweetheart, just look into my eyes and take a deep breath. Match your breathing with mine detka." (baby)

I did as he said and he breathed with me. While he looked into my eyes he ran his thumb lightly over my bottom lip which also helped me calm down. His touch could always calm me, accept for the times when it set me on fire.

"Dimitri, I can't be a queen. I am not good enough or smart enough to be a queen."

"Roza, you stop that right now. You are the smartest woman that I have ever met. Maybe not book smart," he laughed, and I did too. Because I knew he was right, I was no intellectual genius.

"But you have more brains, backbone and common sense than any other one person that I have ever known. And you do actually know more than most people, as for this crap about not being good enough to be queen. Well, that's just what it is, crap. There never has been and never will be a woman that would make a better queen than you, lyubov' moya. You are the most protective, fierce, loving, loyal, compassionate, fiery and amazing woman in the world." With his words I began to calm down even more, and I know that he could tell because he smiled reassuringly at me. (my love)

"Now, who are you?" 

"Thorn, I am Queen Thorn." I finally sighed.

"That's right. Now, who loves you?" He smirked.

I laughed. "You. You love me."

"Without a shadow of a doubt," he said just before he kissed me passionately, and I felt very thankful for lipstick sealer. The longer he kissed me the calmer I became, and the less rigidity, nervousness, trepidation and worry that there was in my body.

The music began to play and I carefully removed my cloak, handing it to the footman at the door. When I turned back and looked at Dimitri, his eyes were three times their normal size, I could not contain my laughter at his expression. It was just to funny to see him like that, mouth hanging open slightly and his eyes big as grapefruits.