32::: i love you for a girl

Start from the beginning

Why did I do that?

Now our whole friendship will never be the same and it's all my fault.

Should I try and talk to him again? Maybe smooth things over? Or better yet I could pretend like it was all one prank.

Nah I'm not that great of an actress I would definitely mess it up and make it even more awkward.

After sobbing and crying my tears of self pity into my tub of ice cream I decide to take a walk. To take my mind off of this and just enjoy the night.

Not bothering to put shoes on, I open the front door and stumble out on the porch. I stare at the sky for a moment before beginning to walk.

I stop in front of Aze's house, just staring.

How could so many things happen in one summer?

Aze was a new and exciting experience in my life. Heck, he stole my underwear! Did I ever get those back? Hm...I don't remember.

I lick my lips, remembering the night we shared a kiss. My stomach fills itself with regret. Aze is a great guy but...he was never the guy for me long term. Him and Cora should be really happy.

I send a small smile in the house's direction before trudging down the road.

I pat the waistband of my pants and my bra for my phone but it's not in either of the locations. I roll my eyes at myself. Of course I forgot my phone.

Whatever it adds to the experience. Plus, if Zedd were to call I wouldn't know whether to pick up or decline. This eliminates the whole problem.

I stare ahead at the sidewalk, the white pavement lit up by the full moon hanging high in the sky. The stars seem to shine brighter than ever, strangely adding comfort to my heart with every step.

Everything is going to work out. I just have to believe that.

And the minute I make a guy the center of my world and the center of my happiness is the minute I lose my will to really be happy.

Maybe I'm meant to just be alone. I'll buy a cat every year I'm single.

I'd end up with like seventy cats and then become a cougar in my late age and finally find some poor young man to entertain me. It's a scary but very realistic thought.

"I'm an idiot. Why am I moping about this? How could I let some guy mess me up like this? Zedd?! Of all people!? Are you kidding me!?" I smack myself on the forehead, wincing at the stinging sensation.

"Ouch that was dumb."

"Yeah it was." I voice speaks causing my to spin around in alarm.

"Ah! What the - "

"It's just me, Max. I came to apologize." Zedd speaks, his hazel eyes shining under the light of the moon.

"How did you know I was here?"

He shrugs, his hands in the pockets of his distressed jeans. "I drove to your house but you weren't there. I assumed you'd do something dramatic like go on a walk and talk to yourself." He chuckles.

My bottom lip moves to form a pout, my arms crossed over my chest. "I was not talking to myself."

He raises an eyebrow. "Max."

"Fine I was talking to myself." I sigh, my gaze averting to the ground. My bare foot kicks at a pebble.

An awkward silence looms over us as we just stand there...silently...awkwardly.