Chapter 15

The group entered the rundown church. The building looked like it might crumble and fall down at any second and Tessa could already sense the berserkers' presence nearby.

"This way," Peter called out and they took off after him.

They ran through a partially caved-in hallway until Peter's voice sent them all crashing into each other.

"Okay, everyone, stop, stop, stop, stop, stop!"

"I think he wants us to stop," Tessa muttered to Liam who snickered.

"We gotta figure out where we are, then we gotta figure out how to find Scott and Kira," Peter told them.

Stiles' phone rang and he quickly grabbed it.

"How did I even get servi—" he cut himself off, answering the phone, "Hi, Dad." He rounded the corner, leaving the rest of them behind.

Peter sent them an exasperated look. Tessa shrugged. It was Stiles, what did he expect?

Tessa waited anxiously as the others listened in on Stiles' conversation with their werewolf hearing. Stiles finally hung up and made his way back to them.

"What do we do now?" Liam asked.

Malia glanced behind them, her eyes widening," Duck." She grabbed Tessa and Liam and shoved them to the ground.

A berserker swung at the spot their faces had been not two seconds before. Everyone was shouting as they ran away from the terrifying beast.

They sprinted back to the main area of the church.

"Go find Kira and Scott," Malia tossed Kira's sword to Stiles. "Go!"

Stiles took off, the rest of them facing the oncoming berserker. It growled at them as Liam pushed Tessa behind him, taking a defensive stance alongside Malia.

Peter launched forward, sending punches at the creature's face. It just threw him backwards. Liam ran forward and the beast punched him in the face.

Tessa concentrated, trying to channel her powers towards the berserker. But it was no use, she didn't know how to control them yet. She stood behind a pillar, feeling useless as the others attacked the creature. There was something oddly familiar about the beast but she couldn't seem to put her finger on it.

Peter finally managed to shove the berserker to the ground, getting ahold of one of the sharp daggers it carried. He tossed it to Malia.

"Kill it! Kill it now!"

Liam and Peter held the berserker against the wall as Malia aimed the spear. Tessa saw the creatures eyes flash behind its skull mask. And that's when she realized why this particular berserker seemed so familiar.

"Wait! No!" she screamed as Stiles burst into the room.

Tessa ran forward, reaching her hand out towards the dagger in the werecoyotes' hand. But she was too far away, she was never going to make it in time. As Stiles screamed for Malia to stop and Kira rushed towards her, Tessa felt a tingling sensation come over her.

Without warning, a strong gust of wind struck the blade from Malia's hand. Everyone froze.

"It's Scott," Stiles breathed out. "It's Scott."

Tessa lowered her hand as Malia stared at her in shock.

"Your eyes—" Malia muttered.

But she didn't have time to say anything more as the berserker—Scott—shoved Liam and Peter off of him, punching Tessa in the face and sending her tumbling to the ground. He took out Malia next and began advancing on Tessa and Liam.