Chapter 9: A new student?

Akiko's pov

I woke up to the sound of the alarm clock which caused me to jump out of bed and rush over to turn it off as soon as I could. The time on the alarm clock read 7 A.M. I heard a groan nearby and looked over at Aelita who was sitting up in her own bed.

"Morning, Akiko." She greeted.

"Morning, Aelita." I replied.

I rubbed my eyes and stretched my legs and arms. I laid down on my bed and streched my whole body. Aelita and I both got out and got dressed. My stomach felt empty and I groaned.

"Hey Aeltia do we got to class now, or can we go eat?" I asked grabbing my textbook for math.

"No class doesn't start for another half-hour, so we have to go to breakfast. Aren't' you hungry?" she questioned.

"I feel like I don't have anything in my stomach."

"Yeah that means you're hungry."

"Well what are we waiting for? Let's go!"

~FF to the cafeteria~

Aelita and I made our way over to where the gang was sitting at one of the normal tables. I noticed they were chatting about something. I wondered what it could be.

"Morning guys!" I exclaimed.

They greeted back by either saying hi or morning.

"So, what were you guys chatting about?" I questioned as I sat down..

"We've been hearing that a new student is going to start enrolling at Kadic Academy." Jeremy informed the two of you.

"That's so cool. Another person to talk too." I said

"If it's a cute girl then yes that is something to be excited about." Odd said.

What he just said made me frown and I didn't know why.

"It's not that exciting. It's probably another person to annoy us nothing more." Ulrich said flatly.

Suddenly I felt a sharp pain in my chest like some sort of needle, and sadness wash over me as Ulrich stated that so bluntly.

'Am I really that much of a bother? Guess I'm not needed or welcomed here..'

I picked up my tray with the leftover food I didn't eat and proceeded to the garbage can to dispose of it.

"Akiko, where are you going?" Aelita asked.

"Somewhere else were I'm not annoying everyone.." I said.

"But Yuki-"

I dumped my food in the trash can nearby and walked out of the door not listening to what she had to say.

Aelita's pov

I looked at Ulrich, Odd, and Jeremy who had confused faces.

"Why did you say that?!" I shouted at Ulrich with a stern voice.

"Say what?" He asked dumbfounded.

"That the 'new student is just going to be another person to annoying to us'. She doesn't know that sissy is a fan girl of yours and how much she annoys the group. She has only been here for a day. Now she thinks that she's being bothersome to us so she left!" I shouted.

He didn't say anything for a minute.

"Well I didn't mean that she was its just-."

"Just what Ulrich? You mean to say that she's as annoying as Sissy? Do you think that she is just a burden to us or something? How I was a burden to you as well when you had to protect me on Lyoko?!" I shouted.