The baby

"So

"So...should we tell the pack?" Liam asked. I looked at him. "I didn't think this was a we." I said.
He glared sideways at me. "Of course this is a we situation!" He protested. "The thing in the backseat is adorable!" I grinned at the baby Beta.
"She takes after her dad." I smirked proudly. "And her cousin." Liam murmured.
I looked up at him.
"Did you just admit I'm cute?" I grinned. "Maybe..." he made it sound like a question.
I smiled and shook my head.
...............
"Liam! Theo?" Stiles's tone changed to a question as Liam, Hope and I walked into the McCall house.
Scott stood up. "What are you guys doing here? Is that a baby?" His eyes fell on Hope, asleep in my arms.
"Yes, Scott. It is a baby." Liam stood in front of me and Hope, looking oddly protective.
I raised my eyebrows. "This is my cousin Hope." I announced.
"Cousin?" Stiles asked.
I nodded. "The daughter of my mother's brother. She's almost a year old." I clarified. Liam had a sort of proud look on his face.
"Why is she here?" Scott asked.
I sighed. "She was in danger when she lived in New Orleans. My uncle Nik trusted me with her existence and with protecting her. Liam and I are going to use the story that we adopted, and you two," I looked at Stiles and Scott seriously, "Are not to breathe a word otherwise."
Liam butted in. "If Hope gets hurt because one of you leaked, I will personally beat you so hard, your grandchildren will feel it." Liam threatened with a glint in his eye.
"We won't say anything." Scott promised. Stiles nodded in agreement.
..................
Two weeks later....
"Hope! Please stop crying sweetheart!" I exclaimed.
I bounced my wailing cousin on my knee. I grabbed my phone.
"Theo?" Lydia's voice came through the line. "Lydia, help me! She won't stop crying!" I pleaded.
"Theo, calm down. I'm on my way. I'm bringing Malia."
I was so relieved. "Thank you so much Lydia." I breathed.
"Anytime."
...................
Lydia pov.
I rocked the little girl gently. She was finally asleep and so was Theo.
"Poor guy." Malia said.
Theo was asleep on the couch.
I glanced at her. "He doesn't seem that bad....he doesn't look like a murderer anymore...." Malia said, staring at Theo.
I nodded. "He seems like a teenage boy who lost a lot of people and made a lot of mistakes and is trying really hard to make up for it." I added thoughtfully.
"He is trying..." Malia agreed.
I smiled down at little Hope.
"He's doing a good job too." I murmured.