The French Quarter

"Be safe!" Elena called from the porch

"Be safe!" Elena called from the porch. I grinned back at her.

"Can't make any promises Lena!" I replied as Liam started the car. 

She shook her head and we drove away.

.................

New Orleans, The Mikaelson Compound. 

"Nik! Lijah! Mother!" I called. "HELLO?" I huffed. 

"Hello, Theo." Niklaus's voice drawled.

 I jumped. "Nik don't do that!" I yelped. 

"Sorry." My uncle didn't seem very sorry. "What brings you here, Theo?" He inquired. 

"I can't stop in for a visit?" I asked innocently. 

"Maybe, but that doesn't sound like you." He shrugged.

I sighed. "Fine. Kol's back. He killed Jeremy Gilbert." I ran a hand through my messy hair. 

Klaus looked angry. "Kol did what?" He growled. 

"Jeremy's dead. I took him to Mystic Falls." I replied softly. 

Klaus hugged me. "I'm sorry Theo." He murmured. I sighed. 

"You're only saying that to make me feel better." I pointed out. 

"But he was your friend. You don't have many of those due to who your family is." Klaus smiled, a genuine smile. I grinned too. 

"THEO!" I heard my mother's voice. "Mum!" I exclaimed. I was pulled into her tight embrace. 

"Oh my god, you've gotten so tall." She fussed. 

"Mum, I'm almost eighteen. And besides, Liam's still shorter." I shrugged with a crooked smile. 

"Liam?" Klaus inquired. 

"My....Mate. He's a werewolf." I stammered. Mother was quiet, and Niklaus was too. "Is he here?" Klaus asked smoothly. 

I nodded. 

"Don't you dare hurt him. Or I will rip you apart limb from limb." I growled protectively. 

Klaus and mother chuckled. "I wouldn't doubt it, Little Wolf." Klaus said cheekily. I growled at the familiar pet name. 

"I'm going to see if Liam wants to take a walk around the quarter." 

I turned and went out to my truck. "How'd the family reunion go?" Liam asked. "Meh." I shrugged. 

"Would you like a tour around my family's home?" I asked formally. 

He grinned. "I'd love one." He hopped from the truck.

.......................

"This is where the witches practice magic?" Liam asked, running his hand lightly along the top of a gravestone. 

"Yeah. This is where they bury their dead and draw their power from the ancestors." I nodded, looking at the names of the dead. 

"Esther...." I read a familiar name aloud. 

Flashback:

"Theo!" Mother called. I turned. She walked towards me with a older woman. 

"This is your grandmother, Esther." My mother smiled. I looked at the other woman. 

"Mother, this is my son, Theo Salvatore." Mother beamed proudly. 

I smiled shyly. "Hello." I greeted quietly. 

"Hello, Theo. You look so like your mother." My grandmother commented. I felt blush stain my cheeks. 

Mother smiled more. "He does, doesn't he?" She commented......

End of Flashback

I shook my head. "Theo?" Liam's voice trembled behind me.

 I didn't turn. "Yeah?" I replied. 

"Uhh....." I whirled as a man knocked my Mate to the ground. I snarled. "Bloody-" 

I was cut off as the world went black. 

.....................

"Theo. You're awake." A woman smiled down at me. I sat upright, ignoring the throb in my head. 

"Where's Liam?" I snarled. 

"He's right beside you." The woman raised her eyebrows. 

I looked down to see Liam sound asleep. I smiled slightly. "Where are we?" I asked. "Who are you and how do you know my name?" I added. 

"We are in the crypt. And, Theo Henrik Salvatore, I would never forget my grandson's name." The woman replied.  

I felt a jolt. "Esther." I accused. 

"Yes, Theo. Don't worry, I only wish to speak to you." I growled at her. 

"You tried to kill me last time we spoke." I reminded her. She looked crestfallen. "And I am sorry." She sighed.  

"You also attempted to kill my family. Your children. My father and uncle. My best friends." 

Liam stirred beside me and I froze, but he just squirmed closer to me, resting his head on my stomach. I smiled and played with his silky hair. 

"Has Niklaus told you what has happened recently?" Esther asked. 

I shook my head. "I didn't talk with him long. I wanted to show Liam around." I shrugged. 

"A few months ago, Niklaus became the proud father of a little girl." Esther began. I felt my jaw drop. "What? Where is she?" I asked excitedly. "She was killed. By wolves." Esther replied. I was shocked. 

"No...Nik wouldn't let that happen.." I whispered shakily. "Because of a mistake I made long ago, I cursed our family. The firstborns are cursed." Esther looked guilty. I growled under my breath. "What kind of curse? What did you do?" I demanded. She told me her story...

......................

"NIK!!" I stormed into the compound. "Why must you shout?" Klaus sighed in annoyance. 

"I know about Hope." I stated. His eyes widened. "How?" He asked. "Esther." I replied. He growled in anger. 

"Theo, don't trust her. We can protect Hope on our own." He ordered. "So she's alive?" I raised my eyebrows. 

"Yes. Rebekah and I were talking, and I want to ask you for a favor." I narrowed my eyes. "You want me to take Hope." I realized.

 He nodded. "You aren't safe here either, Theo. You need to run." He came closer to me. "Elijah?" He called over his shoulder. 

I raised my eyebrows as Elijah appeared, holding a sleeping baby girl. "Hello Lijah." I greeted, my eyes glued to my cousin's face. "Theo." Lijah smiled. 

Klaus took the baby. "Would you like to hold her?" He asked me. I nodded. He carefully passed the baby to me. I took her gently. 

"Hello Hope. I'm your cousin Theo." I murmured, smiling softly. "I'll take her with me. I'll take her home to Beacon Hills. As Hope Raeken, so we don't get caught." 

I agreed without looking up. "Liam?" I called. He was beside me quickly. "Yeah?" He asked. "We have a child to take care of now." I told him. "Really?" He asked eagerly. 

"This is my cousin, Hope. And my uncles Niklaus and Elijah." I pointed each out. "This is Liam Dunbar, a beta werewolf from Beacon Hills who saved my ass repeatedly." I grinned at him. 

He was blushing. "Let's go home, Li, Hope." I declared.