Ch.1

Cat P.O.V.

I flashed a small smile, he just stared at me for a moment until he turn his back at me. I guess this is my chance to get to know him. Maybe, he's not a bad person that everyone keep saying he is. Maybe, he wouldn't be seen as a bad person if he would have smile. I don't think he ever smile before.

I sighed deeply and look back at Mrs. Sanchez. She had this evil smirk on her face, giving me a chill down to my spine. She sure can be scary at times.

"It due 5 months from now. Any question about the essay?" She asked, scanning the room.

Nobody raise their hands.

The school bell rung, drumming my ears. "Alright, you can get out now." Mrs. Suarez shouted at the students whom were leaving already. I quietly stood up and let my eyes scan to find Alex. I found a large figure walking away from me and I quicken my pace.

"Alex!"

He just kept on walking away. Did he just ignore me? I'm pretty sure he heard me. I started to sprint toward him. I reach out my hand to grab onto him but he suddenly stop. I bump into him making me squeak. He simply turn around and locked eyes with mine. His cold ocean blue eyes sending shiver to my spine.

"What?" He snapped, annoyance in his tone.

"I was just wondering what topic do you want to do for the essay?" I asked while the other student rush out of school. We were all alone in the hallways now.

"Aw, you believe I would help you with the essay?" A teasing smirk curl up on his lips.

A sense of regret of asking him struck in my chest but I remain having a small smile, "Well.. Yeah."

I mentally groan at my dumb replied. What was I thinking.

Nothing. Nothing at all, apparently.

He snickers at my respond, "Cute and funny, oh how perfect are you."

Guilt drop on my shoulder and I look down on my shoes, not wanting him to know how hurt I am by that word. I'm not perfect and I know I'm not.

"Don't called me that." I stated. He kept quiet for awhile until I felt two slender fingers lifting up my chin.

God, I'm so short.

"Why not?" He question coldly. His blue orbs staring at mine. My muscle tense up, but I tried to be calm as possible. "Cause I don't like it"

A small devilish smirk came up to his face, "What are you going to do about it?" I gulp a lump on my throat, my heart beat quicken.

"Um.." The only thing that came out of my mouth. I was completely quiet.

Oh, God help me

Suddenly, dry laugh came out of his throat. "You're so harmless" He muttered, letting his two fingers under my chin fall. "I wonder how you survive" He question to himself and slowly start to walk away.

I furrow my eyebrows of confusion, "What's that suppose to mean?" I called out while I follow him. As I catch up to him, I walk beside him. He's so tall, probably 6'1 ft while I'm 5'1 ft.

"It means how do you live so long in this cruel world" He respond not giving me a glance.

"The world is not cruel" I said and slowly stop walking. He stop at his track and turn around to face me.

He looked at me with his cold eyes. But it didn't really seem cold, more like if he was hurt.

"The world is filthy; is full of sick bastard with no mercy" He spoke with so much hate on his tone of voice. I flinched at his voice. It send me chill, making my whole body sightly tremble.