Zayn frowned and sat beside me on my bed. I was glad that he was concerned for me, but I was a wreck and didn't want to be around anyone.

  "What did she say?" He asked, grabbing a pillow and laying back against the headboard.

  "She was leaving, she told me that she only used me for money. Then, she begged me to keep Aimee safe and insisted that she didn't want her. I know Avery, she would never leave her daughter. Her love for that little girl is too strong to just get up and leave." I shook my head.

  "That's..." Zayn sighed, shaking his head. "Really messed up. And I mean that something sounds seriously wrong. Is that all she told you?"

  "She told me that toilet paper was stronger than our relationship. Who says that?" I sighed, rubbing my sore eyes. "Kept going on about toilet paper, and then left. Said that Sam was driving her to the airport."

  "Weird, man. Maybe you should talk to Sam, see what he knows. I don't know what I'd do if Perrie ever did that to me. I know her, though, she'd never hurt me like that. She loves me." He insisted. "And I know that Avery loves you. We're gonna figure this out, okay?"

  I nodded and gave him an awkward side hug. He smiled down at me and handed me a box of tissues, which I gladly received. I was a wreck, to say the least.

  "I know it may be soon, but for now you've gotta cheer up." He said. "Focus on Aimee, take care of her like Avery said. We'll get to the bottom of this, but for now, you can't stay sad like this. You have to stay positive for the time being."

  I nodded, knowing that he was exactly right. I got up out of bed, splashed my face with water, and followed him to the living room. It was evening, which was when everyone normally spent time together at the pool.

  "Dadda!" A tiny voice said, sending an electrifying jolt through me. Even Aimee's voice sounded like Avery's. "Everyone left me!" She pouted.

  Great, first day on my own and I've left her by herself.

  "I'm sorry, baby." I said, scooping her up into my arms. "Listen, we gotta talk. Your mummy went away for a bit, okay? She went to visit some friends, and she'll be gone for just a bit. Okay?"

  "Why?" Aimee frowned.

  "Because she missed some of her friends at home. Don't worry, she'll be back."

  Was it wrong to lie to a three year old like this?

  "She didn't kiss me goodnight." Aimee pouted, her shoulders slumping. I could have started to cry again at that moment, but I held it in. I knew that breakups happened, maybe Avery was going through a little thing? Who knew. 

  "What do you wanna do, princess?" I asked her, trying to take my mind off of things.

  "I want Unca Hally. He teached me to jump in the pool!" She said enthusiastically. I should have expected her not to really make a big deal of her mum being gone for a bit, she had the attention span of a goldfish.

  "Uh, okay, well can you go and get dressed in your bathing suit?" I asked her, scratching my head. She frowned and pressed her hand to my red cheek, brushing my face with her hand.

  "You cried." Aimee said. "Is it because mommy is going to see friends?"

  "Yeah, I just miss her." I admitted, blushing in front of a three year old. "It's okay though, she said she'd be back in a week." I lied again, tears welling up in my eyes. Aimee smiled and nodded, kissing my nose.

  "Mommy will come back." She assured me sweetly. It felt so backwards that she was the one giving me reassurance. I had figured that Aimee would have cried when she found out Avery was going to be gone, even though I lied and said it would only be a week. "I can tuck you in until she gets back!"