11/3🖤❤️

[at the class]

Yuna POV

" To get the answer what will you do? Combine the numbers with the same x and y and then add." kuya said who is trying hard to explain to us the math lesson today.

My goodness! Sya lang yata ang nakakaintindi ng mga itinuturo nya kasi lahat kami nganga. Yong iba nga inaantok na. What a boring subject! Aigooo~

" Next, open your book in Lesson 30."

Lahat naman kami agad na gumalaw at binuksan yong book namin sa page na sinabi niya. When I saw the lesson, my jaw dropped automatically.

"Okay, here... we are going to discuss about cube roots. Example, what is the cube root of 726 353?" tanong nya.

All looked down, no one like to answer.

"Anyone? Raise your hand?"

"We don't know, Sir." we all answered in unison.

He sighed,
"Okay, let's do this. To get the cube root of any numbers, first, you need to memorize number 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 with its cube 1-8-27-64-125-216-343-512-729 and 1000 and the last digit of every cube which are 1-8-7-4-5-6-3-2-9 and 0." explained nya.

Ano daw???

"So, the cube root of 726 353 is 87. How it happened? Do it like this." and he started to explain everything on the blackboard.

"First, get the last digit from 726 353, so its 3. The cube of 3 is 27 and the last digit of 27 is 7. Next, ignore the last 3 digits of 726 353. So now, its only 726. All you have to do is to get the closest cube without going over. It means, 726 is between cube 512 and 729 and they are cube of 8 and 9 right? So the answer is 87. Do you understand?" his explanation.

Lahat kami napasubsob nalang sa upuan.

" Sir, wala po bang mas madali dyan?" student 1 complained.

" Oo nga Sir, yong easy nalang po muna." student 2 said.

Kuya sighed and rolled his eyes. He leaned on the blackboard and crossed his arms.
"Okay, 2×1?"

"2 Sir." student 1 answered.

"2×2?"

"4, Sir." student 2 answered.

"2×4?"

"10!" student 3 answered. Hesitated with his answer but still proud.

"Stupid! Its 8!" student 4 said na binatukan pa si student 3 sa ulo. Well, I think they are friends.

Kuya just rolled his eyes and pointed me.
"Miss Park, 2×36?"

"80!" sagot ko agad-agad.

[kwak, kwak, kwak]

Kuya stared at me, eyebrow raised up. When I realized, mali pala ako. I immediately covered my mouth because of embarrassment.

" Stand up." utos nya with a firmed voice.

My eyes widen a bit.
"Huh?"

"I said stand up and spread your arms. Carry this in your mouth." he said while showing me the pen marker on his hand.

"Aw, you're so mean." i pouted.

"Stop acting cute because that won't work, Miss Park. Do what I said."

I sighed.

Ano pa nga bang magagawa ko? He's my teacher anyway and im just his student. So, tumayo nalang ako at ginawa ang sinabi nya. After kong sinunod yong utos nya, he put the pen marker on my mouth so i have no choice but to wrapped it on my lips. Pero bigla kong naalala na hindi pa pala ako tapos magcomplain.