Dreams Really Do Come True

Chapter 1: The Beginning of It All

"Mommy, Daddy please don't go!!!" I screamed while holding on to mommy's legs begging them both not to go on that plane.

"Desmia sweetie, you're being ridiculous! You're father and I have to catch out flight to Paris!"

"Your mother's right dear we have to leave, don't worry honey we'll only be gone a week and you'll have Maddie here with you."

Maddie looked at me with a sorrow filled look. She understood just as much as I did that no amount of begging was going to change their minds, but I had to try. My little 5 year old self was trying with all it's might to get her mommy and daddy not to go on that plane.

I knew what would happen if they did. My dream last night said it all. If they went on that plane, they both would be killed.

Maddie was my nanny, she was the only one who knew this to be true. She knew everything. She was there for me again when I woke up screaming and crying. I immediately told her the story explaining what I could in the best detail possible.

Maddie believed in my dreams as much as I did. We both discovered them to be true a few months ago. I had a dream about an old man down the street walking across the street to get his mail. About half way across he got run over by a drunken teenager. Maddie and I both witnessed the scene ourselves. We had been walking to the park when it happened.

It was then that we both figured out just how special I am. Although for some reason I think Maddie knew all along, when she saw the event, she didn't look the least but surprised.

I'd been having these horrible nightmares for a while, I just didn't know they proved themselves to be true.

They were always the same. I would come into the exact place that the tragedy would happen. It felt like I was literally there. I saw everything, smelled everything, but when I tried to touch anyone or anything I would simply go through it. It's like I was a ghost. Then, whatever it was that was going to happen would happen. Things always seemed to slow down. Then when it was over, time would go backwards and I would see whatever it was to cause the accident.

Last night, I witnessed my parents death. I know right, that's a lot for a 5 year old to take in. It hit me full force as it never has before. I saw my parents chatting with each other drinking champagne. I saw an alarm start to go off. I saw people on the plane in a frenzy screaming, crying huddled on the floor. In slow motion flashes of the plane dive into the ocean, the windows and doors give in with the impact and pressure.

I watched my parents take their last breath.

Then faster than the speed of light everything flew backwards as I watched a man in a ski mask armed with a gun, shoot the pilot and co-pilot and crash the plane into the ocean himself.

I woke up screaming in Maddie's arms as she whispered to me and tried to rock me back to sleep. This time it didn't work I was awake all night, the scenes of the dream flashing before my eyes. Especially the one of my parents last breath.

So there I was, down on my knees screaming and begging with everything that I had in me. But, despite the begging and pleading, they left, and as you guess, the most horrible nightmare I ever imagined came true. They died in that plane that sank to the bottom of the ocean because of a lunatic's terroristic attempt.

Dreams really do come true.