Chapter Twenty Seven: The Island

My mother had advised me to get some rest, she always did after travelling, but after she'd seen my breakdown in front of everyone, she took me to medic wing, like she did every time I had a panic attack.

I didn't resist, instead letting her lead me to the secluded, white rooms and the medics who knew me and my history gave me space, allowing me to just lay down and breath. I should have tried to sleep, but what was the point when I knew I would have to relive my father's death over and over again in my dreams? Instead I just laid on my back on one of the stiff beds, staring at the ceiling, taking in deep breaths. This lasted about half an hour until I got bored, so I shifted into a sitting position, crossing my legs for meditation.

As soon as I closed my eyes I felt the force flow over me like a wave of sea water. Everything around me seemed to emit part of the force and it all enveloped me into a tight hug, so tight that at first I couldn't breathe. Remaining calm, I imagined an island, surrounded by the sea, secluded and hidden. The greenery was peaceful despite its vibrancy and the mountainous terrain surrounded the island like a form of protection, and though it was harsh that didn't stop the wildlife nesting amongst it, crying out to each other as the fat little birds flew around madly. The environment around me I recognised, I'd visited this planet once before when travelling with Erika and Izzy. Ach-To.

It was almost humorous to see, the harsh contrast of these carefree creatures and the newly noticeable figure, cloaked in thick brown flowing robes.

The figure stood still for a moment, watching out to the sea, almost as if he was hoping to see something new, but yet glad at the same time that he was alone. I sensed his isolation and remembered my own on Jakku. I felt sympathy for him as I related my experiences to his, the thought of Jakku making me feel sick. I tried to focus on the serene of the island, but my attention kept being drawn back to the figure, so instead I watched him, and as if he sensed me there, he began to turn.

The moment he pushed his hood away I knew him. Luke Skywalker. Uncle Luke. He looked worn and rugged, his shaggy hair and beard laced with grey hairs. His usually kind eyes looked tired too. He was just like the rest of my family; tired of this war which had torn us apart.

"Lucinda, will I see you soon?"

I gasped, my eyes shooting open, my body falling back down onto the bed as I came out of the meditation float I had previously been in as the shock of what my uncle said set in. Nothing about it was truly shocking, except for the fact the force had just asked me to see my uncle. Taking a deep breath, I immediately let out a long sigh, my mind processing the vision I had just seen.

"Luci?" I heard a voice ask, almost doubtfully, the unexpected visitor making me jump slightly, that was until I realised it was Poe.

Poe, that I had previously exploded on. Shit, how I regretted that. Just looking at his cautious face made me guilty as I realised how much pain I had caused him.

"Poe, I'm so sorry-" I began but he shook his head.

"Nothing to forgive," he offered me a small smile. "You were just floating,"

"It happens when I meditate," I shrugged with a small smile, though I immediately turned serious once more when I remembered my vision. "Poe, I just saw my Uncle. He's on an island on a planet. It's so far away. I could feel his pain, and his loneliness. Poe, it's so secluded and isolating... he couldn't even feel my Dad being killed..."

"Oh, Luci," Poe spoke so softly, like what she was saying genuinely hurt him, to the extent he looked just as broken as I felt.

He rushed over to her, practically throwing himself onto her bed, pulling her into a tight embrace, burying his face into her neck. I remained sat up, my arms wrapped around his back, though not as tightly as he was holding me.