Chapter Four: The Resistance

I wasn't quite sure just how long I'd been shut away in the cupboard, but after a while I decided to try and pull myself back together, telling myself to calm down and remember my Jedi training. I could barely concentrate on that though, my mind too set on the thought of the First Order and how badly I wanted my revenge. 

Losing Poe had reminded me just how painful life could be. I'd never forgotten my losses at the academy, but I'd eventually anage to shut off my feelings to it after many years of painful mourning. Losing Poe had brought all that back though, reminding me just how cruel life could be and how fleeting it all was. Realising that I would never see Poe again not only hurt because of I was losing my best friend and partner in crime, but it also drove home how many other people I would never see again, especially those I had lost at the academy, at the hands of my brother and Snoke. 

Going to the academy had been like finding a second family. Other than Ben and I, my Uncle had recruited several other children, most of them orphans or kids from the poorest planets in the galaxy, promising them with an education and a safe home. In total there were about a dozen, and though I bonded to them all, I trusted two girls in particular. On my frist day at the academy my Uncle showed me to a small hut outside the main temple building and introduced me to it as my new dormitory that I would be sharing with two other girls. It was the first time I would be sharing a room with any one other than Ben, but since he was sharing with two boys from Batuu, I was left with these strangers who soon became sisters to me. 

The two were twins, Erikanna and Isabeul Antilles, sent to the academy by their father, an old friend of my Uncle and parents from the war. I decided I liked them the moment my Uncle told me their father was a war hero, and though the two had an unbreakable bond, Izzy and Erika soon accepted me as if I was the third member of their sisterly gang. They were identical, same sandy blonde hair, same height and same freckles dusting their cheeks, and they both seemed to have the same fiery passion. They had their differences too, with Erika being the more gentle, the calmer of the two, the one who always stood between people during a disagreement, whilst Izzy was more wild. The two were both quick-witted, sarcastic, and cutting with their humour, but Izzy had a way of speaking that made everyone turn and listen to her, even if it was to insult someone, whilst Erika was quieter to the extent we often had to encourage her to give us her advice. The two could silently communicate, knowing what the other was thinking through a mere look or eyebrow twitch, and whilst Ben and I were similar to that, as we grew older their bond seemed to strengthen, whilst mine and my brother's grew apart.

I loved my family, and I loved my brother, but the way I felt about Erika and Izzy was different. It was almost like how I felt about Poe, but different. The fact that we were all force sensitive meant we all understood each other so well, knowing every feeling or fear we had, and that made us a formidable team. Of course, we were also three strong-willed teenagers forced into a confined space, which often led to disagreements and arguments, but they only seemed to join us closer together. The three of us seemed to encourage each other in our training in a way my Uncle couldn't. He was our Jedi Master and we respected him, but the thought of losing in a lightsaber duel to either of them, who would tease me endlessly for it, willed me on more than any word of encouragement from Luke. 

The two also knew my pride for my family, knowing the fact that my middle name was that of a Naboo Queen was a great point of comparison for me. They'd use the stories and reputation of my ancestors against me in an attempt to fuel the force inside me, taunting me to train and fight harder. They had no fear of using things against me, and whilst everyone else would call me Luci, or Organa (Ben was Solo, it was too confusing for us to both go by that nickname), Erika and Izzy took to calling me Amidala. It infuriated me to no end, the girls infuriated me, but I loved them all the same, and I loved how they made me feel when training.