Chapter Twenty

*Layla*

  "Sissy, do you have to go back?" Benny asked me as we sat in one of the ice cream parlors. 

  "I know you want me to stay, baby B," I said. "But I have my job and I travel a lot so even if I stayed here I wouldn't be here as much as you think I would be." 

  "I know," he mumbled. "I just miss spending time with you."

  "Tell you what," I smiled standing in front of him. "When I leave I won't drop all contact like I did last time. I'll write, call, video, and I will come visit when I get the chance."

  "Promise?" he asked and I nodded. 

  "Now do you want to go back to the castle or do you want to go to the beach?" I questioned and laughed as his eyes lit up.

  "BEACH!" Benny yelled grabbing my wrist and dragging me after him down the boardwalk and onto the sand. 

  "Calm down," I giggled gasping when his t-shirt landed on my head. "BENNY!"

  "Last one in the water is a poisoned apple!" he yelled and took off running.

  "Hey, no fair," I yelled pulling my dress off and slipping out of my flip flops I ran after him and jumping on his back causing him to go under the surf. After playing in the water for a while I walked back over to our things and sat down on one of the towels that Toby had laid out on the sand. "Thanks, Toby."

  "Having fun?" he asked and I smiled laying on my back.

  "Yeah, I never get to spend time with my little brother like this," I smiled. "It's nice."

  "Gunner called he's bringing Tyson, Russ, and two of the princes here," Toby said and I nodded closing my eyes. "Are you going to tell the prince who you really are?"

  "I don't know," I mumbled. "I guess it depends on how things go."

  "How what goes?" someone asked and I opened my eyes to see Ian standing over me.

  "Work," I smiled as he sat down and scooted up under my head. "How has your day been?"

  "Dealing with clinging and crazy princess," he said and I giggled. "What about you?"

  "Walked around the boardwalk, got ice cream and played in the water with Benny," I shrugged.

  "I think you lost Benny," Gunner said and I sat up looking towards the water to see Benny lip-locked with...Efraim?

  "They make a cute couple," Ian said and I laughed watching as Benny suddenly shoved Efraim back and ran off

  "They make a cute couple," Ian said and I laughed watching as Benny suddenly shoved Efraim back and ran off. Sighing I got up and pulled my dress back on and grabbed Benny's shirt before running down the beach after Benny. I finally caught up with him on the other side of the boardwalk and sighed when I realized his shoulders were shaking.

  "Benny?" I asked softly walking in front of him and he wiped his eyes. "Hey, what's wrong?"

  "N-nothing," he sniffed pulling his shirt on. "C-can we go..."

  "Yeah," I nodded texting Gunner saying that I was taking Benny somewhere quiet and we'd meet them back at the castle later. Ten minutes later I sat Benny down on a bench before sitting beside him, "You can talk to me."

  "I know," he whispered laying his head on my shoulder. "It just..."

   "How long have you and Efraim been doing...whatever it is that just happened?" I asked rubbing his back.

  "I don't know," Benny sighed. "One day he was ignoring me and then the next he's all touchy. He ignores me and pushes me away but then turns around and flirts and kisses me like that. Sissy, I don't know what to think about it. I can't date because I end comparing everyone to him but I don't know what he wants. Half the time it feels like he using me I don't know how to stop it."

  "Do Sarah and Frankie know?" I asked.

  "No, but they're dealing with Prince Amir and Prince Darek flirting with them," he mumbled and I nodded. "How do you do it?"

  "How do I do what?" I asked confused.

  "How do you stay just friends with Ian even though the man is in love with you?" he asked and I choked on my breath.

  "Ian doesn't love me," I said. "I mean he...Come on we should go."

  "You changed the subject," Benny said and I blushed grabbing his wrist and pulling me after me.