Author's Note

Hi all,
Just had another unwelcome and unpleasant health setback and I've decided that for now, I'm going to end Amelia's story. I may come back and finish this off at some point, but truthfully, I do not know when it will be.
At the beginning of March, I perforated my eardrum. It's not the first time it's happened, and I was extremely lucky to have caught it as early as I did, so the damage to the eardrum itself was minimal compared to the last one, which completely wrecked it. My ENT was amazed that any of it survived, and even more so when it grew back eleven years ago. My problems with my ears and hearing have been a life-long battle, and when I was able to return home and be see my regular ENT, he told me just how bad the situation was. The eardrum has three layers to it. I only have one. Despite taking excellent care of my ears, avoiding things that cause pain like loud noises, parties, music concerts, etc., there's only so much you can do. Thunder is one of the noises that aggravate my ears, and unfortunately I moved to a very active storm area of my country so it's been fun.
I was warned eleven years ago that if I reperforated my eardrum, there was a very great chance that I'd lose my hearing in the affected ear permanently. That's what has happened so far. I feel sounds, but can't hear them. It's painful. Higher pitches hurt (like screaming children, and being a dentist means that I deal with them on a daily basis), as do the very low pitches that cause vibrations, such as thunder, cars with the bass on in such a manner that your windows start rattling, etc. I'm fortunate that I still have my other ear to rely on, but that was always the worse ear in terms of hearing ability.
My general health has taken a turn for the worse as well, with some ugly gastro-intestinal issues and severe migraines rearing their heads, asthma flare ups and all kinds of fun things. In short, it's been a rough year. On Monday, I went to my doctor again for a chest infection, and found out that the problem that originally caused my eardrum to perforate has returned. I'm currently on a heavy dose of Prednisone to control my asthma, open up my lungs and allow me to breathe. I'm sure some of you can relate to the mood swings that you get when on steroids. I fall into the category of hysterical mess and full on psychopath, and bounce between the two faster than a Bugatti Veyron gets to 60mph. I've now reached the point where I'm just numb, and honestly have no idea how to feel about this anymore.

As stated above, I have decided to end Amelia's story for now. I'd love to continue it, and hope to be able to do just that in the future, but right now, I have no inspiration to continue writing. I'm so dreadfully tired of everything that has happened these past few months and simply no longer feel like writing. I'm knitting like mad to keep busy. You're more than welcome to follow me on Instagram (@knitting_spoonie) if you so desire, although please drop me a line here on WattPad so that I know to accept you.

Here's a summary of the rest of Amelia's story:
The Cullens go to Volterra, where they find out that Amelia has the ability to indefinitely retain a power that she picks up from being a magnet. They also discover that she can loan her powers out to her family, so to speak, and temporarily give them a power. She will always be physically weaker than the others but incredibly powerful. She possesses the same immortality traits as her family, so unless she gets dismembered and the pieces get burned, she will live indefinitely. Naturally Aro wants her for the Guard, but she refuses to join him, for they have Bree's blood on their hands. It seems that there will be a fight, until Jane enters the room. Amelia recognises Jane, and it is revealed that Jane had been following Bree and had seen her break into Amelia's room and explain to her what had happened.
The following morning, Jane had gone to speak to Amelia but Amelia acted like she knew nothing of vampires, so Jane made a plan of her own. She knew that if Bree did survive the battle, she'd have to be killed on Aro's orders. She had overheard that Bree wanted to join the Cullens and bring Amelia with her when she could, so Jane kept tabs on Amelia in the wake of Bree's death. She saw an opportunity to get Amelia to the Cullens by means of the conference, so made certain that Carlisle's name made it on to the list of people to be invited and knew that she could rely on Alice's visions to make sure that Carlisle accepted.
Aro is displeased, but Jane and Marcus put him in his place. Jane is his most valuable asset, and she threatens to leave the Guard if Aro doesn't let them go. Amelia and Jane become good friends, and the Cullens return to Washington.
They move shortly before the end of the year, claiming Amelia's death to be too hard for them to remain in the area. They relocate to the Scotland, and just before they leave, Samantha advises Amelia to make use of her own gift to help the others. By using Samantha's ability to disguise herself as human, Amelia is able to help her parents and siblings disguise themselves, and age themselves appropriately. They continue to move around as required, but are able to stay in one place for longer, much to Rosalie's delight.
Amelia decides to continue with her schooling, and opts to repeat the year she missed out on (sophomore year/grade 10/fourth form). The rest of her siblings also return to secondary school/high school, and whilst she is technically the eldest of the Cullen siblings (she is 19), Blythe decides enter the same form as Amelia to be there for her sister. Upon completion of school, both girls decide to study medicine. Amelia is skeptical at first, worried about her ability to control herself around the massive amounts of blood associated with trauma, but quickly realises that it's rather easy. It would have been too suspicious to make a name for herself by studying music so soon after her "death", but she keeps up with her music and plays with her school, and later, university orchestras. Amelia and Blythe quickly make a name for themselves at their university and upon graduation, enter a specialist program in pulmonology. They, along with Carlisle and Rosalie, dedicate many years to researching a cure for Cystic Fibrosis.

So that is pretty much it for now. A very big thank you to everyone who stuck with Amelia's story, and for being so patient with me these past 7 months.