Author's Note

Please note that this is a work of fiction. No harm is meant by the publishing of this story. Kindly note that this is the sequel to 'A New Cullen Sister'. If you have not read it, I recommend doing so else you will probably be quite lost. Again, I have rated the book as "Mature" due to its hints in certain chapters.

Also, please note that I am not a US citizen, so I apologise in advance for any errors. I try to do some research beforehand to add authenticity to the story, but if I have fallen short somewhere, please do let me know so that I can make the necessary corrections. My country follows UK spelling so my apologies again to the US citizens!

The video above is the song "I lived" by One Republic. It was a fantastic way to raise money and put out awareness about the disease. This song is kind of the song that represents the CF community if I could phrase it that way. It was played at my cousin's funeral last year after he lost his fight to the disease two months after his bilateral lung transplant.

I dedicate this book to several people:

To Dominique and Craig, who fought so hard in their struggle against the vicious disease that is Cystic Fibrosis. Craig, the best day of my life thus far will always be the day you phoned me at 9pm on a Monday evening to tell me that they had a donor for you. Even at your sickest, you always had a smile. I miss our Saturday chats. Dominique, your optimism that you would get a transplant never failed to bring a smile to my face. I wish I could have been able to press my face up against the glass Isolation window and pull faces at you. Not a day goes by without both of you entering my thoughts. I miss you.

To Caleigh, who continues to fight this disease, keep up the fight. Graduation awaits. Demon Cat awaits your arrival at Ward 18 (fight them - Ward 16 is so meh but at least they had the key to the outside door so that we could bundu bash in the grass to look for Demon Cat at 7.30pm on a Saturday night). The coffee will always suck at Pillpark, but trust me, no matter the hospital, the tea is always way worse.

To Chantal, Rebecca, Shawin, Georgia and Courtney, the friends and fellow writers who became sisters, thank you for the ongoing love and support. Your stories are amazing. Your messages always make me smile. Love you guys.

To Priyanka, Samiksha and Saadiqah, your weird Saturday night messages in our "Mean Girls" Whatsapp group never fail to crack me up when I'm having writer's block. Also, the amount of non-dentistry related stuff that makes its way onto our group during exams or the night before a test never fails to amaze me. I have seen more pretty islands, hot guys and bad eyebrow jobs than I ever thought possible. I promise to fit in three characters named after you. Somehow. Also, Saads - "I read it because I like it, I vote because you're my friend" - thank you for actually reading.

And lastly, I dedicate this book to you, my readers, who have stuck with Amelia this far. Your support means the world to me. Thank you.