CHAPTER FIFTEEN - THE START

Start from the beginning

"B—But why?" he asked, as he took my hand in his and squeezed it in his sweaty palm.

"Consider Mr. Jackson's visit as an early birthday gift from me," I simply answered with a little smile.

"Thank you so much, you're the best doctor in the world," he told me with a shaky voice, as he looked from me to Michael. "I am the happiest person in the world right now, and this is thanks to the both of you!"

Michael and I exchanged a knowing smile, like some long-time friends would, and something within me happened, causing a sharp pain in my head.

It was happening again. The visions.

"It don't matter if you're black or white!"

"It's embarrassing for me to ask you this, but I'm gonna ask anyway, are you a virgin?"

Multiple voices invaded my head as I tried to keep my composure and pretend that everything was fine. But the voices wouldn't stop, and their piercing sounds made my head ache at a point where I couldn't even open my eyes because the pain was too strong.

"Before I would hurt a child, I would slit my wrists."

"I am innocent."

"I wouldn't be able to keep it together if it wasn't for the fan."

All of those words belonged to nobody else but Michael himself. I couldn't see anything, but this time it was only voices, but they were as clear as water, like he was telling those words to me at this particular moment. I could feel his enormous pain, his anger, his uneasiness, and it felt like those feelings were mine.

Ignoring Charlie and Michael's concern, I left the room without saying a word and headed to the nearest on-call room. I closed the door  behind me, and put my forehead on the door, grimacing at the pain that wouldn't leave.

"They're trying to kill me!"

"Michael Jackson rushed to the hospital earlier this morning."

Those two last sentences had the effect of an electroshock, and my eyes suddenly flew open, as the voices disappeared. I put my back up against the door, and slid all the way down. I was breathing heavily, and my cheeks were wet from the tears I shed. It's like I felt empty, like I had been drained from every emotion I was feeling, and that they had been replaced by utter pain.

But everything I heard seemed so far from the reality. I had Michael in front of me seconds prior this happened, and he seemed like the most joyful and loving person in the world. It's like nothing could take his angelic smile off of his face. It's like he was sincerely happy to be there, with Charlie.

A knock on the on-call room startled me, and I quickly wiped the tears off of my face with the back of my hand. I stood up from the floor, and opened the door, only to see Carl standing there with a worried look on his face.

 I stood up from the floor, and opened the door, only to see Carl standing there with a worried look on his face