✿five✿

Start from the beginning

Because yes, Louis did miss Harry. Louis missed him with every fiber of his being. But there was nothing he could about it. Harry wasn't a cheater, he may have spent quite some time with Niall when he was with Louis, but he never physically cheated on Louis.

"Answer me, Louis." Harry said, inching closer to Louis. 

"So what if I do." Louis flailed his arms in the air, "So what if I do miss you? What's the point?" 

"I miss you, and I'm not afraid to admit it." Harry looked at him, "But if I miss you, and you miss me, why aren't we doing something about it then." 

"Harry, no. No, you have your boyfriend, and I have my sad, lonely life as a couch potato. Let's not fuck those up." Louis sighed, walking back down the stairs with Harry's wrist wrapped in his, somewhat small, hand. He went to Zayn's fridge and grabbed him a bottle of water.

But Harry was persistent, and was determined to get what he wanted. 

Ten minutes later, Louis was finding Liam, talking about how he was going to walk home because he couldn't stand being here for one more moment, and he just wanted to go home.

And that's when it happened.

"Louis," Harry walked over, voiced slurred, "Louis I got to tell you somethin',"

"Harry, you're drunk." Louis sighed, and walked straight passed him.

Harry grabbed Louis' elbow ever so softly, and when Louis turned back to look at him, he swore there were tears in Harry's eyes, and he'd look like he'd been crying.

"Please, Lou, five minutes of your time, it — it's all I'm asking for." and Louis felt his heart sink. He hadn't seen Harry cry, since they were fourteen, and his cat Dusty died, so of course Louis decided to give him five minutes of his time.

"Okay," Louis walked back up the stairs, to the bathroom, Harry followed, Louis sat on the toilet, Harry kneeled in front of him, "five minutes. Go."

"I don't really know how to say this without being blunt." Harry twiddled his fingers, resting on his knees.

"First off, stop doing that," Louis took Harry's hands and flattened Harry's hands out on his thighs, "it makes me nervous, you know that."

"Right, sorry ba — Louis." Harry took a gulp, "I.....I don't know how to say this..." Harry twisted his lip between his fingers (which were covered with every ring Louis ever bought him).

"Say what Harry? What is it that you want to tell me?" Louis had never been more nervous and confused.

Harry took a deep breath, closed his eyes, and opened them up and looked straight into Louis eyes'. It was the first time in a year, blue had met green this intensively.

"I'm. Still. In. Love. With. You." Harry said word for word.

"You. Are. Drunk. And. In. A. Relationship." Louis copied Harry's tone.

"You really think I'm still that drunk?" Harry chuckled tiredly, "I had two jello shots, and threw it all up after I asked you to dance," he sighed, "I'm not drunk, buzzed maybe, but I'm sober enough to know what I'm doing."

Louis didn't know what to say. Because what does one say to their ex-boyfriend who tells him he's still in love with him while they sit in the bathroom of their mutual stoner friends home.

"What do I say to that? Are you just expecting me to jump in your arms and tell you that I miss you and I still want to be with you?" Louis sassed.

"I just wanted to let you know, you don't have to do shit." Harry sassed, he knew Louis was gonna have that reaction.

"But, I didn't need to know. How am I going to be able to 'be friends' with you now that I know you feel the same as—" Louis cut himself off.

It was already too late though, Harry knew what Louis was bound to say. Harry wanted to hear Louis say it, but there was no way he was going to make him say it out loud, knowing damn well that Louis wasn't comfortable with doing that.

"I...I think I should get going." Louis sighed, and got up.

"Wait, please." Harry said, voice just above a whisper.

"Why?"

"Because I'll do what ever it takes to get you back."

"Harry, I'm still trying to get over you, and tonight I told myself, this will be the night getting over you was going to stop hurting. And then, you should up looking like a god, wearing things that I bought for you, and I don't know what happened but it feels as though we never broke up. And any time you touch me, I get all tingly like I used to and I hate it."  Louis sat down on the floor, next to Harry.

"I hate how I just keep on coming back to you." Harry sighed, moving closer to Louis, "I told myself, no interacting with you, and here we are, side by side on Zayn's bathroom floor, if we were together, we'd probably be fucking." he put an arm around Louis.

Louis sighed, leaning into Harry, "The sad part is, that's true."

And that was the last thing they said to each other for a little while. They just sat there, in somewhat comfortable, somewhat awkward silence.

"I think I should get going." Louis said, a good hour later. He was falling asleep and he needed to walk Liam home, seeing as they didn't drive, knowing one of them was bound to get drunk, and the other was going to be tired.

"Don't go." Harry sighed, sitting up straight, "Not just yet."

"Harry," Louis yawned, "I've got to go find Liam and take him home so I can give him Advil so his hangover won't be too bad in the morning. Hangover Liam is a sassy, mean man." he stretched as he spoke, tummy peeking out of his shirt in the process.  

Louis was half asleep, Harry was fonding. This could only lead to disaster. Harry cupped Louis' face, and watched as Louis' eyes began to get heavy.

"You're cute when you're sleepy." Harry chuckled.

"Fuck off, you have a —" Louis yawned, cutting himself off, "a boyfriend."

"Yeah, yeah." Harry sassed, chuckling, "Come on, let's go to Zayn's spare room downstairs, I'll call Jay and tell her you're spending the night with me." and that's all Louis remembers from that night.

--------

uh, hi. i'm nOT DEAD CAN YOU BELIVEVE IT? bit of a short chapter tbh

anygay, time to go procrastinate another update (:

all the love, dj c dizzle