She hummed to a tune as she began jotting down the notes. After a couple minutes, she stopped. Her eyes stared hard at the white surface of the paper, wheels turning in her mind.

Passing on the message without directly speaking to him...I could write him a letter!

She exhaled happily, a smile already finding its way on her lips.

Wait. Won't that seem a bit too desperate? Besides, he'll probably burn it to a crisp the minute you give it to him...

The smile instantly fell, her negative thoughts winning by a landslide. She sighed and chewed onto the end of her pen. She didn't want to seem desperate but then again, could still trying to get back your dear friend be termed as desperate?

(Y/n) didn't know. Sure, she's had her own share of arguments, some of which she always started but they always got solved or would just end on their own. It's not like she didn't know how to apologize, what she didn't know was the exact right thing to do when she lost a friend.

And since she treasured all her friendships, she was facing the repercussions of doing so.

Maybe I should follow those 'don't care' quotes on the Internet. But if I do that, what good will come out of it? Nothing will get fixed.

(Y/n) nodded in agreement and flipped the pages to the middle, took the two pages in between her fingers, ready to pluck it.

So what if you write the letter? It's not like everything's gonna be fixed by just pouring out your feelings on a paper. Reality's not that nice. Besides, he'll most likely tear it up before he even reads the first sentence...

The girl froze, her fingers still holding onto the two papers.

You're right...Her grip loosened as her expression dulled. He won't read it...She sighed and released the pages before going to turn back to the page her notes were.

Don't. You're doing the right thing. So what if it looks desperate? Even if he doesn't read it, inside, he'll know you at least made an effort. Plus, do you really want to lose him, knowing that you didn't even try to talk to him?

(Y/n) placed a hand on her forehead and groaned at her conflicting thoughts. It was like having a devil and an angel on either side of her shoulders, whispering their suggestions in her ear.

She let her hand fall down, her eyes trailing down to her book.

What do you want to do?

The girl thinned her lips into a straight line at the simple question, her mind already giving the answer.

I want to make an effort, even if it's desperate or useless. The effort's all that counts.

Then do it. Make that effort.

Her mouth twitched as she returned back to the middle page. She swiftly plucked the two pages, closed the book and placed the papers on the cover.

She inhaled deeply, her pen already set between her fingers, ready to write. Her mind was filled with a thousand words to say to him but not all could fit on the papers.

Just write (Y/n), don't think...the girl chanted in her mind as her hand began moving.

***

Dear Katsuki,

Hi, okay, I really suck at letter writing so this is probably gonna be bad.

Anyways, all I want to say is, I'm sorry. I'm really, really, really sorry.