Chapter four

Naruto watched as Luffy interacted with the different crews aboard the ship; he had sent out clones to retrieve the Heart Pirates.. well, really... he only needed Law, but the rest of the crew had to follow along like little ducklings and Naruto didn't see a problem with It; not like he could turn them away with a cold shoulder. White Beards ship seem to be the place where legends meet due to the numerous pirates that crowded the deck, and like a beacon of some kind, it had drawn in red-haired Shanks and his boisterous crew. The red-haired pirate claimed that he had heard of Luffy running off to save Ace and had to 'check' up on him in person; Luffy was more than happy to talk the man's ears off as he recounted every adventure he could possibly think of that had happened within the amount of time he had last seen Shanks.

Despite asking permission to bring Law aboard, Naruto still felt the need to apologize to White Beard for the over populated deck considering the fact that four crews were just settling down after a three hour party filled with sake. He had a feeling that Whitebeard didn't care, though; taking into account that the said man was drunk off his ass from his drinking contest with Zoro and Shanks. It wasn't clear as to whom had won the contest as they all appeared equally hammered and the furthest from sobriety. Whitebeard was having to rely on the wall of the cabin to hold himself up straight, but it didn't stop his head from rolling side to side with his mouth wide open as he drooled; old man was passed out cold. Zoro laid on his back with a empty bottle of sake clutched tightly to his abdomen, fluttering in and out of consciousness while Shanks... well, he had been sitting up but now he had fallen face first with his legs still crossed beneath him Indian style; very... flexible. Despite Shanks strange position and the fact that he was most likely passed out to rid his system of the excessively heavy amount of alcohol, Luffy still rambled on about the battle at MarineFord.

Naruto closed his eyes as he leaned back across the crates stacked against the cabin, it made a comfortable enough bed and the gently rocking of the ship made him feel a little drowsy. It had been a few days since the incident with Teach and it was safe to say that everyone have done a good job of ignoring the blonde shinobi as best as they could; well, the ones that were present during that time, that is to say. If it wasn't for his troublesome brats, he would be back in his 'hermit shell' as Ace called it; dealing with drama wasn't really on his bucket list, that had been checked off a long time ago. He felt his limbs grow heavy as the sun heated his skin. Perhaps being outside wasn't so bad, it was more soothing and peaceful than cold stone walls with only a campfire to provide warmth. It reminded him of his time in Konoha when Kakashi would take the team out on missions and camping was a necessity.

"Oi! Ace!"

Naruto allowed a small puff to escape his lips as Luffy deemed it necessary to scream across the ship for his brother that couldn't be more than a few yards away. Ace had been seated directly in front of the door to the cabin where Teach had stayed holed up ever since he woke up from the genjutsu. Naruto had yet to visit the pirate, he wanted to give it a little more time before he faced the man again; he saw no need to rush things. He didn't get the chance to listen to what Luffy wanted from the fire-user due to his sixth sense giving off a low hum of acknowledgement that someone was staring quite intently at him. It really sucked that he didn't develop his senses when he was in the academy, but he learned through hands-on field missions over time, eventually.

"Why did you call me here?"

He was reluctant to open his eyes, but did so after a few seconds. Law stood a safe distance of a few yards away with his sword Kikoku and what could be considered a frown. Naruto stretched his legs out to rest on a the side of the larger crate in front of him, his arms pillowing the back of his head. He really hadn't planned out how he was going to go about the conversation, seeing as how his reason for even summoning Law wasn't even present. He could beat around the bush with a few dropped hints in hopes that he didn't have to spill the words from his lips directly, but then he remembered how much he had hated that when Jiji, Jiraiya, and Kakashi did that to him. Well, shit.