Chapter two

Zoro grimaced as he watched Sanji's sad attempts to flirt with Robin and Nami as he delivered them specially made food filled with the blondes 'ever growing love'. He failed to see Sanji ever actually get married and have kids with how much of a creepier he managed to make himself out to be; not like any of the crew would have a chance to live peaceful lives after their reputation of being pirates. Zoro didn't see a problem with the status. He didn't want to 'settle down' and have kids, he had already seen how some kids managed to be total brats and he wasn't about to screw up the next generation by deciding he wanted to be a father. He knew he would be the one person to end up having the bratty-est kid out of anyone he ever knew; and to save a child's life and his gray hairs, he decided to keep to himself when it came to being romantic with females.

He glanced over at his Captain who was still scarily subdued, especially considering the raven haired boy had a plate stacked full with various meats and vegetables. Luffy had taken to softly poking his food with a fork, something Zoro was certain he had never seen the boy use before, before taking small bite sized bites. The boisterous laughter that normally came from Luffy was nonexistent as he kept his body as small as possible within his seat. Zoro rolled his eyes. He could only assume that the boys weird behavior was due to the strange blond that sat just off to the side of Ace and Luffy. He really didn't know how to feel about the blonde, but he knew it was safest to have a healthy amount of caution. Besides, if the rambunctious straw-hat boy hadn't showed the signs of the light haired man being a danger... Zoro rested his wrist lazily on one of his swords as he raised his bottle of sake to his lips.

White Beard had settled himself off to the left of the mysterious blonde nursing a large mug of sake as he scanned his crew with serene yellowed eyes. Despite having two fist sized holes within his chest just three hours ago, he felt like he had been given a energizer drink of some kind that made him feel giddy... it was either the voo-doo trick Naruto pulled off, the happiness of his crew surviving,... or possibly, the sake that was coursing through his veins; but he found he didn't care, he liked the feeling.

"How did you find my crew?" Luffy didn't look up from his fork in his hand as he stabbed his food, and it seemed that he didn't have to cause blue eyes glided over to the rubber-boys form. "Wait, how did you know that me and Ace was at Marine-Ford?! Where you there at Marine-Ford the whole time?! What-" Typically Luffy's rambling had to be waited out in order to get a word in... or just hand him meat and he would keep quite long enough for the person to get a few words in. The Straw-Hat crew was already acquainted with the ways of their captain after so long of traveling with him and, despite how annoying he got sometimes, they didn't wish to change him in any form. The whole Straw-Hat crew was the ones to grow silent when they heard the abrupt cut off, focusing all their attention on to him to make sure the boy was okay; which he was fine from what they could see... but he didn't have meat stuffed in his cheeks.

Naruto had simply raised his hand as if waiting to catch a ball. Robin's lips twisted downwards; surely that wasn't the only reason Luffy went mute.

Ace shoved a fork-full of mashed-potatoes into his mouth trying to train his focus on his food and not the heavy presence of the man beside him that he looked up to as a father... no, that word didn't fit quite right. He didn't know a word to describe their relationship... father seemed too small of a word. Was there a word that he could use that held a higher mantel than just a dad? Ace furrowed his eyebrows. He needed a word that had father, mentor, friend, and confidant... he didn't think there was such a word that had it all wrapped in one. Despite the struggle of not knowing the exact title to their relationship, Ace always strived to have the icy blues look at him in pride and not disappointment, even when it came to the simplest of things. Screwing up something was unforgivable for himself. And through all the hard work he put in to everything, he had to admit he really didn't have to worry that much about getting a look of disappointment from the blonde; he had never received such a look in all his life from the man... Luffy hadn't gotten it either. It may be silly, but Ace knew there was going to be some point in time he would get the look, and he honestly feared the day it would happen. It was one of the many reasons he pushed himself so hard in everything; one slip up and the blonde could leave without batting an eyelash. He was determined to not ruin anything for himself or his little brother...