chapter three

There was very few times that Ace ever saw his father fight; the man's quick silver tongue and sagacious mind was able to put ninety percent of most situations to an end with very little violence on his part. Actually, if Ace was required to count the number of times that he had seen his dad fight... it would be twice: A few hours ago at Marineford, which he regrettably didn't get to watch, and then a couple of years ago against Bluejam. But one thing Ace never doubted was the blondes power. Sure, his father had only displayed his skill in hand-to-hand combat and the only 'ninjutsu' he had ever witnessed was when him, Luffy, and Sabo had demanded to see some of the 'awesome-super-cool-energy-stuff' after Naruto had explained a small portion of where he came from. It was the first time he had seen his father create clones and manipulate small portions of the elements to move lazily around his fingers for a few seconds before they were returned to their natural position. Ace knew that the blonde was holding back using his powers and he couldn't understand why he would hide his strength when he could have the world in the palm of his hand; but he respected Naruto to the extent that he never once questioned him.

But now that Black Beard was only two yards in front of him and standing before everyone, Ace wanted his father to lose his temper on the vile man or something... anything really. By Kami, send a genjutsu or the terrifying fox from earlier... Ace knew that he just wanted the man to suffer. He would prefer for the older mans pain to be caused by his own flames... but his father's wrath seemed like a very good option at the moment. Besides, he knew from years of lecturing that his father was a firm supporter in absolutely no vengeance and for a long time Ace had stuck by the mans lessons... until Thatch was murdered. Revenge couldn't possibly be all that bad when you took into account the reasons behind it, Ace had told himself that during the duration it took for him to hunt down Black Beard. He refused for Thatch's name not to revenged.

Black Beard scrunched his nose up in a sneer as he glared at the blonde, "The hell would I car' what yer village did ta murders?" He had better places to be other than White Beards' disgusting ship deck, especially since it seemed it was all because of lousy little Thatch.

Naruto sighed as he walked forward, each step silent against the creaky boards of the deck. "I'm going to be honest with you, Teach. My hands are not clean of blood, killed a little too many humans to keep score, actually."

Usopp swallowed thickly as he pushed himself behind his Captain and Zoro. He still found it hard to believe that little sweet idiotic ball of sunshine Luffy... was raised by a creepy monstrous blonde. It didn't help that the scary man just admitted he has killed people... several people. Usopp shuddered and it seemed that Zoro shared the same feeling as he placed his hand on the hilt of his swords uncomfortably. Chopper adjusted his hat as he pulled himself up from the floor where he had landed earlier

"With that being said, I don't usually judge a fellow criminal too harshly... if their crime is justifiable. However, you took a man's life simply for power, for your own gain. Despite all that, I wouldn't have even bothered to send a clone out to look for scum if it hadn't been for one thing..."

Teach scowled as the blonde was mere inches from himself and personal space seemed non-existent to the man. He didn't like the poor piss attempt of intimidation the blondie was trying to pull over him. Just when he was about to shove the guy back, Naruto already had his hand wrapped tightly around his throat in a vice-like grip. Black Beard took the instinctive step backwards to escape the mans grip but when his boots was no longer touching the deck, he started to panic because his superhuman-like endurance went down the drain quickly as he struggled to draw in a breath of air.