A Christmas Surprise...

"Rose!" Mum says hugging me. I hug her back and she whispers in my ear.

"How is the baby?" She says this very quietly, and I can hardly hear her. 

"Good Mum." I say softly. I hug Dad and Hugo runs over. 

"Hey Mum, hi Dad." He says, hugging them both. As we walk over to our Muggle car, Hugo tells us all about what he did at school this year. It makes me realize how distant I have been lately and I sigh. We put our trunks in the car and we pile in. As Dad drives, Mum turns around from the front seat.

"Rose, would you like to tell Hugo something important?" She asks.

"No not really Mum." I say. I know what will happen when Hugo finds out. He will be so upset.

"Rose, tell him." Mum says. Dad sighs deeply. I am proud of him for reacting to this so well. Mum has done well with the news too.

"Tell me what?" Asks Hugo, "I know Rose and Scorpius are dating." 

"Uh... Hugo. I'm.... Uh.... I...." I stutter.

"What? Bloody spit it out already!" Hugo says. 

"I'm pregnant." I say and look away from him. I look back quickly to see his eyes widen in shock. 

"Rose! What do you mean you're bloody pregnant?" He asks, bewildered.

"It means I have a tiny baby growing. Inside here." I say, pointing to my stomach. 

"I'm aware." He replies, "Mum, Dad? Are you not mad at her?" He asks.

"Your mother says we have to accept it. Besides, she'll be out of school when the baby is born anyway." Dad says.

"Okay. Well than good luck... I guess. Just don't throw up on me. What's it called? Afternoon Disease?" I stifle a giggle.

"Morning sickness." Mum says, smiling, "Oh Rose. I almost forgot! I brought you a baby book! It was mine when I was pregnant with you and Hugo. It tells you about your baby each week of your pregnancy! Take a look." 

She hands me the book and I look at it. It is beautiful. It is pale blue with pink swirls on the Cover. I open it and the pages are nice paper, and it shows each week of your pregnancy. I see little tips, facts, and much more in the book. I smile.

"Thank you Mum! I love it!" I say. 

"I thought you would." She said. I turn to the page that says Week Seven. I am seven weeks pregnant.

7 WEEKS PREGNANT

You're keeping the best kind of secret, aren't you? Now that you're seven weeks pregnant, you're going about your day knowing you're expecting—but no one else can see it. For now, enjoy your little secret.

How Big Is a Baby at 7 Weeks?

At 7 weeks pregnant, baby is the size of a blueberry. Your embryo measures about .51 inches, having doubled in size since last week. He or she doesn't exactly tip the scales just yet, but is developing like crazy inside your 7-week pregnant belly.

7 Weeks Pregnant Is How Many Months?

Seven weeks pregnant means you're one month and about two weeks pregnant.

7 WEEKS PREGNANT SYMPTOMS

Being 7 weeks pregnant can cause a whole range of symptoms.

Nausea. Morning sickness may be going strong at week 7 of pregnancy. Hang in there, and try to find ways to cope. Some moms-to-be have success with ginger, Vitamin B-6, and acupressure wristbands easing their tummy troubles.