chapter fourteen

Gym was horrible. I fell over constantly or was knocked over by all the meatheads. My legs felt sore and I knew I would have a huge bruise on my back. Why is physical exercise required for high school students? I don't plan on becoming a gym teacher anytime soon.

"Ethan! Ohmygod, I hate gym!" Mae whined as we walked down the hallway. She was surprisingly good at basketball, better than Vic's athletic ass, and easily beat my team. "Me too.. See, this is why-"

"We're friends?" she shoved me lightly and scrunched her nose up cutely. I nodded happily scrunched up my nose in return. It was kind of a stupid thing we both did. We both found it cute so, why not?

"Exactly. Uh.. I gotta go this way." I turned down another hallway and Mae waved good-bye before running off to her next class. I rolled my eyes then walked into my next class: Geography. Or in other words, one of the few classes me and Austin could talk freely. I took ny usual seat in the far corner and waited eagerly for Austin. As I waited, I took a spare piece of notebook paper out of my backpack and aimlessly drew on it with a pen. I scribbled out an awful looking cat then started folding the piece of paper until it came into a heart. The bell rang but there was no sign of Austin. He was known for being late to Geography but as the end of the hour crawled up, he didn't show up. Worried filled my mind. Did he go home perhaps? Was he skipping with his friends? Where was he?

The bell rang and I quickly left the room, searching for Austin amoungst the sea of pigs. He was easily spotted, considering how tall he was, but my heart sank when I didn't see him. Maybe he did go home. That idea calmed my nerves slightly and I went to my next class. But Austin was the only thing on my mind until the end of the day when I saw him outside of the school by Vic and Mike. My heart swelled at the sight of him. His muscular arms were folded across his chest and all of his tattoos shined in the warm sun. Damn he looked good in a tank top.

"H-hey.." I said softly and went over by the guys but noticed how angry Vic looked at Austin. Vic was fuming with hate but Austin simply scoffed at his words.

"Listen buddy, you can't hurt me. I'm a brick wall and last I checked, you aren't Miley Cyrus." Austin sneered.

"Sorry but I'm not a fuckin-" Vic stopped when he saw me and glared at me "Speaking of Ethan. Hi Ethan! How are you? You good? I heard you and Austin fuck! Isn't that crazy?" his voice spat with sarcasm. I looked at Vic with fear and hurt that he would actually say it like that. Although it was none of his business, what was so bad about Austin and I hooking up?

"Its so fucking ovbious you two dig each other. Just admit that you're dating already" Vic snarled at Austin who still kept his cool with a smirk. I felt beyond terrified. Vic was getting so mad this and his eyes clouded with anger, jealously and hate. He looked ready to kill.

"Just admit you like Ethan already, Vic!" Jaime, out of nowhere, chimed in and stood by my side. We all looked at him with disbelief at what he had just said. Vic liked me? W h at?

"W-what?" Vic looked the most confused but that turned into another hateful glare "I don't like Ethan you idiot" he said through gritted teeth. Jaime rolled his eyes and put his hand on his hips, raising an eyebrow

"Yes you do hot shot. Its beyond ovbious. Instead of yelling at Austin and Ethan, just admit your feelings" Jaime shot back. Vic looked horrified then quickly pushed us all out of the way

"Fuck you Jaime." he grumbled before leaving. Mike looked around a little bit then followed Vic

"Catch you guys later.." he said unhappily. Austin seemed pleased with himself as he watched the two Fuentes' brothers storm away. I was beyond confused. What the hell was going on with Austin? He seemed to be so.. mean to Vic about this. Why? Did Vic do something more than question a relationship between Austin and I? Either way, Austin had some explaining to do.

**

harlem: excuse short chapters. I'm sore & tired but holla for updating aye