He turned his back to me and manned his post outside the door.

  I was sort of shocked that he was so outright nasty. I ushered Vallin inside and being a smart ass, I pretended to close the door. 

  Rage slammed his hand on the door and hissed at me. I'm talking full on animal hiss with fangs and all. I gasped and jumped back.

  Vallin lunged at him in my defense. I barely registered Rage's movements; he had Vallin pinned to the floor so fast.

  "Wait! Stop! I was only kidding I wasn't really going to close the door. Let him go," I yelled, shocked at what was happening.

  "Rage, release him immediately." Sorin ordered.

  Reluctantly, he let go, allowing Vallin to stand.

  "Vallin, send Caleb and Malek in your stead."

  "Sir, permission to stay," Vallin asked, bowing his head respectfully to Sorin. 

  I held my breath, hoping Sorin would allow him to stay. I really liked Vallin. And the whole situation was my doing, not his.

  "Denied." Sorin glared at him and shifted them away with a wave of his hand.

  "Why would you send him away? He's the only guard that will talk to me. Do you have any idea how boring it is here for me? It's all I can do to not freak out, constantly wondering when the hell you are going to get your ass in gear and take me to find my sister! Damn you Sorin! I demand that you bring him back!" I was seriously on the edge of insanity. I was struggling to hold myself together.

  "How dare you demand that of me!" He glared at me from under his furrowed brow, trying to intimidate me.

  I wanted to take a step back, but figured I had nothing to lose so I stood right up to him, "How dare you hold me hostage!" I snapped in his face, and then stormed toward the door. I violently flung the door open, only to be faced with two more Guardians.

  "Get out of my way!" I yelled at them and forced my way between them. They stepped in front of me, but would not touch me. I glared back at Sorin, "How do you expect them to keep me here if you won't allow them to touch me?" I pushed them out of my way and continued to walk. 

  Sorin appeared in front of me, his chillingly deep growl echoed through the hallway, reminding me of just who I was dealing with. "They may not be permitted to touch you, which is only out of courtesy on my part, but I will if you do not go back inside." His voice was controlled but his anger filled the air like a vise waiting to clamp down around me. "Now."

  "Sorin please," I pleaded in desperation. All of my anger was spent. "Don't make me be alone all the time, it's going to drive me crazy. Please let him come back, he was very nice to me."  

  "Not an option."

  "I don't understand why," I said unhappily and went back inside. I went straight to my room, slammed the door and flopped down on the bed. 

  "Nicole, please come downstairs." He called to me a moment later.

  He was so frustrating I could hardly stand it. I waited for a while so he didn't think he could summon me whenever he pleased, and I went and stood on the stairs.

  "I don't know what you expect from me. You have no television, no radio, and no English books, what am I suppose to do while I wait?" I asked while my tears conspired against me and spilled down my face. "You have no idea what this is like for me, waiting and waiting, it's torture for me. You have no idea what I've been through. I just wanted a friend to talk to, is that asking too much?"