Be Safe

Ok, so I got done chatting with not only Murdoc but to Noodle as well from 8/17/18. Afterward, it gave me ideas for this oneshot. Also, I'm sorry to keep y'all waiting, again, lost the motivation here and was mostly caught up with Little Moon, though it's almost done. In this oneshot, 2D's absent but will be mentioned by the discussion between Noodle and her non-canon OC child, Melody. Set in phase 5, ft. Melody Pot
*disclaimer*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Inside the bedroom belonging to a certain guitarist of Gorillaz, Noodle is packing up any certain needs for her long journey to Patagonia in South America to find El Mierda's hideout to clear Murdoc's name. Though she recalled that she's not doing this for him because she still holds a grudge against him, I mean who could blame her? She has a reason. She's only doing this for 2D because she not only cares about him but is concerned too.

After getting all settled up, she turns only to find her little bluenette child standing in the doorway.

"How long have you been standing there?" Noodle asks.

"Just now. Why are you packed? Are you going somewhere again?" Melody asks curiously.

"Apparently." Noodle then kneels down to Melody's height. "You remember that old pickle that got into another hot water again?" The child nods understanding what her mom is talking about. "Well, scumbag is relying on me to help clear his name by finding this El Mierda's secret hideout down in South America. I'm betting it has something to do with 2D's odd character?"

"Oh. Well, can I come with you?" Melody asked.

"Not a chance." Noodle answered.

"Why not? You've trained me in martial arts earning myself a black belt in 24 hours 2 years ago, earned my own katana, and even managed to take down any zombies or intruders when I'm home alone or with grandma Rachel." Melody said.

"I know, Melody. I know you're capable of handling yourself and I'm proud for that. But this is different. El Mierda could be a dangerous man! After what happened with Maazu-"

"But still you killed him. That's why afterward you've prepared me to face the dangers out in the world growing up!" Melody cuts her off.

"Chikushō (damn it)! I didn't want the same mistake to happen again! Just not again, Melody! If anything happens to you for this type of mission... I feel that this is gonna be on me in failing you, and I could never forgive myself..." Noodle's bangs shadow her eyes as a tear slides down her cheek. She sniffles as she wipes a tear away to look straightly at her daughter and spoke softly, "Melody listen, I'm not saying you aren't capable for it. This is a very risky mission! I'm not only doing this for you but for your father too. You noticed how odd he's been acting lately since Murdoc's been confined, again?" Melody nods. "He's in serious danger and I don't want anything bad to happen to him too. Which is why this is going to be your first assignment. Be sure in keeping an eye on him for more of his unusual behavior, ok?" Noodle instructs.

"Ok." Melody nods in understanding.

Before Noodle is about to stand, Melody grabs her sleeves to say one last thing.

"Mum? Make sure you don't die, for real this time. I know you're a strong woman I see." The young girl smiles softly at her.

Noodle returns the same and leans down to kiss her forehead softly and embrace her.

"No worries, I'm not going anywhere from you. I'll be back before you know it." Noodle let go of her daughter and gives her a wink before standing up to walk out of her room. Before she leaves, she stops in the middle of a hall and spoke, "By the time you get a little older, maybe I'll consider in taking you with me for missions like this, someday." She proceeds in walking for another journey to find the criminal mastermind that framed Murdoc.

Now out of view, Melody stood with a light smile.

'Good luck out there, mum.' She thought.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I know this is the first oneshot to not involve any platonic or romance of 2nu which only focuses on a mother and daughter talk, though I thought it'd be necessary, kinda gives a 'Kill Bill' vibes (great film btw and wish they start production on the 3rd film, who knows?). Keep your eyes open till August 31st to chat with Noodle (and Murdoc) again from 10:00-16:00 EST.