Part 2! Metallic thoughts

Gajeels POV

~~~

So, shrimp got me a metal book. I tried opening it, but it stayed shut. There was a stupid lock on it, which neither Pantherlily or I could break.

"Should we take it back to Levy to see if she can help?"

"Nah! We can break it!" Then I swear that I heard Elfman's voice in the back of my head say 'Because you're manly!'... Oh God. Some of these idiots are implanting themsleves in my brain...

"Gajeel? We might as well..."

"We won't!"

"Well, look who decided to come over." I turned around and saw Levy knocking on the window and waving. The door to my room wasn't one of the quiet ones which open and close without making any noise, no, my door is one of the ones which decide that creaking is the best thing for them. Might be because they're made of iron.

"Hey Gajeel. I was um... Well I was just looking at some of the things I got and I found this." She held up a box which looked new. "I can't open it, and you're one of the strongest people in the guild... so..." She trailed off, her face burning bright red.

"I got it." I grabbed the box and within seconds, the lid came off.

"Woah. It just, came off; but why?" Levy reached into her bag and took out her glasses. "My contacts are back in my room at Fairy Hills." She looked.... never mind.

"Gajeel, I've got the book." Pantherlily was as tall as me and holding the metal gift I'd received from Levy hours earlier. "It was too heavy to carry whilst I was still small, so here you go." Levy smiled when he said it was heavy. I guess she found it hard to hold and carry.

"What's wrong with it?"

"Well, we can't open it."

"You can open it?!" Levy lost interest in the little box and rushed over to the metal book. "I just thought it was for decoration or what Gajeel could eat!"

"Hey, I don't always eat metal shrimp. I save some."

"Sorry, but how do you know you can open it?"

"There's a small lock, just there see?" Levy looked closer and closer, and almost fell headfirst on to the table. I reached out and caught her before she fell.

"Oh, um thanks."She blushed, and I tried as hard as I could not to go red.

"It's okay, don't worry 'bout it." She looked around the room and said nothing.

"So um... Could you let me go?" I realised that I was still holding her, and I was holding her close.

"Sorry..."

"Anyway, I'll go home and check if I have the key somewhere." Levy smiled awkwardly and left. "See you tomorrow in the guild hall."

"Yeah." Once she left, Pantherlily walked out of his room.

"So, does she have they key?"

I must've looked weird because he stopped in his tracks, that or he realised that Levy had left.

"No Levy?" Thought so.

"Nah she um, had to go search for the key."

"Well you could've been more like a gentleman and went to search with her." 

"Heh, you know me! I just let them come!" A part of me laughed along with Pantherlily, but another part of me thought Was that really the right thing to say? After you chase the girl you like? 

I'm worse at this stuff than Salamander.

~~~~

I'd just like to thank the people who commented and who voted! You guys ROCK! So, I hope you guys keep enjoying this story!