"But what if we just like-like I don't know, long distance or something? And who knows? What if I moved up there?"

"That's not how it's works."

"Why can't it work like that?" He asked desperately.

"Because it can't. Don't make this harder than is has to be."

"Alan."

"Austin."

"Please," he said, his voice cracking.

"Don't do that Austin."

"Do what?"

"Don't make this harder than it needs to be."

"I'm sorry, I just don't understand."

"We're still gonna be friends Austin. That won't change."

"I don't think I can be just friends," he told me.

"Aust, maybe things will work out differently later in life. I still wanna be your friend."

He shook his head. "It'll hurt too much."

I sighed, "I can give you a little space if you want? I wanna stay friends. I really do."

"Alan, I really can't do that. It'll just make it worse."

"Please Aust."

"You should go."

I sighed, "We're gonna be friends whether you like it or not." I told him before I left and started walking home.

God I was so stupid.

------

I had a total of seven hours left in Colorado before I was off to Massachusetts. I was so nervous and I was going to miss everyone so much.

"Oh my baby is growing up so fast." My mom said coming into my room with tears in her eyes.

"Mom, you're literally coming with me for the first week. I don't know why you're crying now."

"I don't care, I'm going to miss you," she blubbered, pulling me into her arms.

I hugged her tightly and ended up crying along with her. "Can't you move there with me?"

"I'm looking as best as I can for a job and place, but you know I'm not promising anything. We already talked about this sweetie."

I sighed. "I know."

"Don't worry, we'll figure it out. Now come on we have to get everything packed up in the moving truck."

I nodded and pulled away. "Let's go."

We packed up all of my things into the moving truck besides the one suitcase I needed for my plane ride later. Along with a few other things in a backpack. I was excited for how great it was going to be but I was honestly so terrified.

I didn't know if I was gonna be able to make any friends out there or if I would even be happy out there. It was all a mess in my head and I just hoped things would work out for me in the end.

"Alan, do you wanna head over to Kellin's to say goodbye?" My mom asked breaking me from thought.

"I don't want to cry."

"Honey, it's okay to cry."

"I know but I've cried enough."

"Come on, we're going. This is gonna be the last time you seem him for a while."

"Okay, okay," I said with a whine.

We went out to the car and headed over to Kellin's house. I hated goodbyes.