In the Great Green Field

You and your best friend, Zayn, are goofing around in the middle of a great green field and just hanging out since he has come back home from tour. It's almost midnight, and the sky is studded with twinkling stars. The last few people had left the park a couple of hours ago, so you both were now alone. 

You and Zayn have always been the best of friends, but he barely had time to see you when he started touring with his new band mates as One Direction all over the world.

Everytime you glance at his tanned face, you can't help but feel all jittery inside because you have strong feelings for him that had started a little over a year before he left for the X Factor. But you weren't sure if he felt the same or not. 

Laughing, you and Zayn fall down onto your backs after spinning around in circles while looking up at the stars. The goal was to stay up straight on your legs while walking as long as possible after spinning before falling down because of the dizziness. But neither of you won since you both fell down at the same time, quite close to each other, to your delight.

After a little while, you hear Zayn's husky voice, "How do you see yourself in twenty years?"

The question was so random, you weren't sure how to answer it right away. 

"Older," you giggle, saying the only thing that your mind could come up with on the spur of the moment. 

You watch Zayn playfully roll his eyes as he shakes his head and chuckles, turning your heart all warm inside.

Turning your gaze back up to the bright stars, you think for a while and then answer him again. 

"Well," you start. "I guess I hope I'll have a job I love, a man I love to call me his perfect wife and who loves me. Maybe a couple kids too!" you add. 

Out of the corner of your eye, you watch Zayn turn his head and stare at you with half a grin and you mimic his move, meeting his chocolate brown eyes that slightly sparkled from the night sky filled with the stars above.

"What about you, Zayn?" you ask him. "How do you see yourself in twenty years?"

He looks down, avoiding your gaze and mumbles, "I don't really know..."

You can sense he's hiding something, and you playfully push him to tell you. 

Zayn is quite for a few moments before he starts to blush and then quietly answers, "I see myself with you." 

His answer was so unexpected, you stop breathing as your jaw hangs open in disbelief. 

Staring at his face, you stay in shock as he turns to you and smiles when he sees your reaction. 

"Do you really mean that?" you breathe, heart now pounding in your chest from your excitement.

"Of course I do," Zayn grins. 

Sparks and tingles zip up your arm at that moment and when you glance down, you realize that Zayn had slipped his hand comfortingly into yours. 

After a moment, Zayn bends down and kisses your cheek softly, resulting in you blushing and fireworks exploding in your body making you smile from ear to ear. 

"So, will you be my girlfriend?" Zayn asks you sheepishly but with confidence. 

"Yes," you reply with happiness, finally glad you and Zayn have become closer together with a relationship.