Chapter 20.

Ariel

Jo had ended up getting me on at that job with her friend that worked in real estate. I had been working all day, so I never got the chance to talk to Cam about what had happened yesterday between Jaie and I. She doesn't even know that I talk to Jo like that, because I've been so behind on telling her the events that have been happening in my crazy ass life.

While I was on my way home from work though, I had texted cam and asked her if she could come over because I needed to talk to her. I miss her too. I can only go so long without talking to her crazy ass. I love her so much and I appreciate everything that she's ever done for me, really. She's got to be the only person who's been here since the beginning and never left me. She's dealt with my constant break downs and emotions and everything. I love her so much and as much as I'd say I'm tired of her, I never will really be tired of her you know?

I pulled up in my driveway and smiled when I seen Cam's car already there. I quickly got out the car and she looked at me with wide eyes.

"Bitch! You're wearing a dress! Where the hell were you at!?" She yelled while running over to me, hugging me tight. I laughed and hugged her back before saying, "Work." Then walking up the walkway to the front door. Cam followed behind me and I unlocked the front door then walked in. She followed behind me and closed the front door, then I tossed my keys on the coffee table and began walking upstairs. I haven't worn a dress and heels in so long that my feet hurt like hell.

Once I entered my room, I kicked off my heels and walked over to my drawers pulling out some basketball shorts and a tank top. Cam ran into the room with a bag of chips and a water bottle and jumped on the bed, looking at me while drinking her water. I looked at her also, chuckling, then tied my hair up and began to change.

"Looks like you're working on that body!" She laughed, and I playfully rolled my eyes.

"Hush."

"You didn't tell me you had a job though! Damn, just leave me out of your life now huh?"

She kicked her feet up against the headboard and ate her chips while I changed.

"I mean, it's something that Jo had hooked me up with. That was real nice of her-"

"Who's that?"

"Oh yeah! I met JoJo that one night at the club when I had ran into Jaie, but I never spoke to her. And then the other day I went to a party at Kyla's house and-"

She cut me off, not even focusing on anything I had said except for one thing.

"Kyla? You're still friends wit Kyla? I mean.. I don't trust her but okay. Continue."

She just had to get her point across. I laughed and shook my head before tossing my dress in the dirty clothes basket and sat on the bed next to her.

"Anywaysssss! At the party, I seen jo again and we just started talking and stuff. Then she gave me her number and we had started hanging out and shit every single day after that. Literally. And like I don't know it's something about her man, she's just so chill and all that. She's nice and sweet and calm and just everything."

"Go for her!"

"I can't."

"And why the fuck not?"

"J-"

"Say the bitch ass name 'Jaie' and we gon' fight."

I sighed and got quiet. She tilted her head to the side and sat up, looking at me with her favorite 'you better be fucking joking' face.