Chapter 6

Bullet on the side

I cleaned up the kitchen, and made sure Mark and Emma helped me sweep and mop the floors. They hated when I made them do chores but I'm the oldest and it's what mom would want to see when she get's home.

"Done sweeping!" Mark smiled, "Emma come and mop!" He yelled. Emma came downstairs.

"Silk!" She yelled.

"What?" I asked.

"Jake texted me!" She squealed. I smiled.

"Oh yeah? What'd he say?" I asked.

"Remember when I got his number and I texted him saying 'hey?'" She asked.

"Yeah? Like a year ago." I said.

"He texted back! He said who's this!" She squealed.

"After a year he responded?" I asked.

"Yeah! And I texted back saying Emma!" She smiled.

"Has he texted back yet?" I asked.

"No, I'm still waiting, but he will soon!" She said getting the mop. I shook my head. She's nuts about him. I felt happy for her though.

"Hey you think I should grill?" I asked.

"Yeah! Uncle John dropped off that deer meat you guys got when you were out hunting!" Emma said.

"Ok, I'll get it all set up then." I said. I went upstairs in my room and grabbed my phone. I looked through my contacts, might as well have someone over for dinner right?

~*~*~*~

"Emma can you get the door!?" I yelled from the backyard, our guests just arrived and I was busy making sure the steak didn't burn.

"Sure thing!" She yelled. I flipped the steak and sprinkled the seasonings on the other side of it when the back door opened revealing Mark, and extremely excited Emma, and our guests, Joey and Jake.

"They made it!" Emma smiled trying not to scream, I could tell.

"Great! How do you like your steak?" I asked.

"Well done, for both of us." Joey said. 

"Sure thing! And I know how you two like it." I said referring to Emma and Mark. 

"Hey, do you guys have horses?" Jake asked.

"Yes!" Emma answered quickly. "Wanna go see them?" She asked.

"Yeah! That's so cool." He followed Emma over to the barn. I finished cooking the steaks and served them up.

"Bullet is really cool." Jake said.

"Careful around him, he's still wild." I said. I shot Emma a look.

"He ate a carrot from my hand." Emma smiled.

"So do you train him?" Jake asked.

"Yeah, well, I help, Silk does a lot of the training for him though." She explained. I rolled my eyes. She doesn't do any training at all except getting him food and water sometimes. Let her have her moment. Suddenly Joey's phone started ringing.

"Hold on, my mom is calling." He got up and went inside. After a few minutes he came back out. "Hey Silk, your reception isn't working." He said. "It's all fuzzy." He said. Oh no.

"That happened not to long ago!" Mark said, "I think it's Slender Man." He said in a scary voice.

"There's no such thing as Slender Man!" I said.