Chapter 7

After laying the ground rules with Slendy, I felt a bit better about him being around, maybe he won't mess things up so much now. I hoped at least. Jessie was coming over today, with Jamie, her mom.

I had been cleaning all day and couldn't wait for her to get here. The doorbell rang and I rushed to open it.

"Silky!" She yelled.

"Jessie!" I screamed and we hugged.

"You two are so crazy!" Jamie laughed.

"Hey Jamie! My mom should be home in a few minutes!" I smiled.

"Alright! Jessie, do you think you could leave me and Silk alone for a moment?" She asked. I was confused.

"Uhh, sure?" She walked into the kitchen, normally her mother didn't really talk to me much since we run up to my room all the time. 

"How are things going?" Jamie asked me.

"Uhh, fine?" I said.

"With Slender Man? Is he still around?" She asked.

"Ohh, yeah he is." I said. "But I laid down some rules with him so he should be fine now if he follows them." I said.

"Rules? With Slender Man?" She asked seeming surprised.

"Turns out he just wanted a friend, so I told him what he had to do to be my friend." I said.

"Alright, I've just been worried about you, be careful." She smiled. "Alright Jamie! You two can go lock yourself in a room now!" She chuckled.

"Whoop!" We both ran upstairs into my room.

"So what was that about?" Jamie asked. "My mom wanted to talk to you?" She shivered.

"Nothing bad, just catching up." I smiled.

"Ok, well anyways where's your laptop?" She asked.

"On my desk." I said.

"Great!" She grabbed it and turned it on. She knew my password since we were close friends like that, anything I had to hide from my parents was given to me by her. She pulled up a file and handed me the laptop, the screen was dark.

"What's this?" I asked.

"Just play it!" She giggled. "Use w a s d to move and use your mouse to look around, left click to pick up pages!" She smirked. I raised an eyebrow.

"Ok, it's really pretty." I said. She laughed as I moved towards a big tree in the game. I found a note that said follows. I shrugged and clicked it. Then music started booming. "What is this?" I asked.

"Just keep going that way." She said. I found another one that said no no no no no. When I clicked it I turned around and BAM!

"AAHHHHH!!!!" I shrieked as Slender Man appeared in front of me. Jessie was laughing so hard at me. I hid under my pillow.

"That was priceless!" She laughed. I stared in shock at the screen asking if I wanted to play again. I was shaking in fear.

"That was not funny!" I yelled at her, there was a knock on the door.

"Everything ok in there!?" Jamie asked.

"Yeah mom!" Jessie yelled.

"Just making sure!" She said and I heard her footsteps fade away.

"Not funny!" I yelled slamming a pillow into her head.

"Ouch!" She said. She glared at me. "Just cause you're not happy doesn't mean it wasn't funny!" She stuck her tongue out.

"No! That was not funny on a number of different levels! And you wouldn't even understand!" I said hugging my pillow.

"Whatever, just imagine walking in the woods.... Then suddenly there's tentacles around you!" She yelled grabbing my waist. "As his grip gets tighter it cuts your waist in half!" She said.

"Stop!" I yelled pushing her away. I shoved my face into my pillow, I didn't want her to see the tears coming down my face.

"Hey calm down it's just a game!" She laughed. I was shaking so hard, it wasn't a game, it was not just a game. He was real, and at any moment, whenever he was through with me he could so easily do that to me.

"Don't d-do that." I said.

"Hey are you okay? I didn't mean for it to scare you that bad." She said hugging me. I took a deep breath.

"I'm fine." I said.

fffffffffzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzttttttttt.....

I looked over at the laptop.

"What the?" Jessie saw it fuzzing up. I looked around. No no, not now! "Cool if you leave the game alone to long it fuzzes!" She laughed. I looked out my window and saw him standing there. I glared at him and he went away.

"Wow, that's neat." I said going along with it. Better for her to not know that it was the actual Slender Man.

"Coolness." She laughed. I laughed with her. Emma went through a stage when she tried to get 'coolness' as a trend. She wouldn't stop saying it, anything that happened was coolness. 

"We should go riding!" I said suddenly.

"Yes!" She yelled. We went out to the barn. And I got our horses saddled up. I was riding Autumn and she was riding Captain. 

"Race ya!" I yelled getting Autumn up to full speed, I trained her for racing and jumping and dressage competitions. She would outrun Captain any day.

"No fair!" Jessie said getting Captain to a gallop. "Autumn races!" She yelled.