chapter 17

please leave some feedback,, i love hearing what you thought!! enjoy :)

❀ ~ |||||| ~ ❀

"This place looks boring," Bill decided, peering up at the large building with an uninterested expression.

Despite Bill's begging, I insisted we go to a cinema first (mostly because I was too tired for a carnival), much to his dismay.

"Give it a chance," I said, grasping his white shirt sleeve and dragging him behind me through the entrance. "I promise we will go to a carnival after."

"What happens in a cinema, anyway?" Bill asked flatly, sounding bored already.

Sighing, I pulled him into the queue to buy tickets and turned to him. "We watch a new movie on a big screen, remember? Now, what genre do you want?"

Bill blinked. "What?"

"Never mind, I'll pick." I rolled my eyes, despite being glad it was me who was making the choice. Humming, I scanned the board displaying our different options until my eyes landed on a film which was clearly horror. "That one." I pointed at it.

Bill shrugged, keeping up is disinterested facade. "Whatever."

I slapped his arm. "Don't sulk, you'll enjoy it."

"Yeah, yeah," he said in an exasperated tone, but his body betrayed him, and the corner of his lips twitched upwards, a smile fighting its way onto his tanned, freckled face.

I grinned at him.

After getting tickets ("I don't see why we can't just walk in," Bill huffed), we found seats near the centre of the back of the room. Bill had bought a large tub of popcorn, a cola for each of us, and some skittles, despite complaining about the price.

"I still don't see why we payed for this," he complained, throwing a green skittle up into the air and catching it in his mouth. "It's so overpriced, what a rip-off."

I snorted, digging my hand into the popcorn. "What does it matter to you? You can make money at free will."

He shrugged, throwing another three skittles at the same time and somehow managing to catch them all. "I'm just saying. Money is stupid, anyway."

"I won't argue with you there."

Silence fell between us as we watched the last few adverts. At first, Bill had watched with a mixture of awe and confusion, pointing at each product they showed and asking what it was, but after a while he gave up as I couldn't explain it all fast enough.

I turned to look at him, allowing myself to take in his appearance. Although he wasn't asking any more questions, his bright blue eye (the other was covered with his eyepatch) was wide and staring at the screen, absorbing all the information being thrown at him as he chewed absently on the salty popcorn he was eating. His blond, messy hair stuck out at all angles, wild and untamed, and I resisted the urge to comb through it with my hands. Since when did I want to? I wondered.

"Can I help you with something?"

Startled, I snapped out of my thoughts to realise Bill was now looking at me, a smirk playing on his lips and an eyebrow cocked. "I know I'm attractive, but it's getting a little creepy."