‘’A rifle is heavy as hell. I think I’m good with just a pistol. I have a keen eye, so I’m pretty much taken care of.’’ Clementine argued with both arms resting on her hips, still looking at the scenery while standing next to him.

‘’We have to take precautions because a small pistol ain’t strong enough to kill an attacker. What if they were wearing bullet proof vests? Your safety’s my priority.’’ Carl just realized how cheesy that sounded, internally shocked.

 Shit Carl, what the fuck?! He thought while holding his grip tighter on the gun, his eyes closed shut on hoping to erase the memory.

But on the outside, he was trying his best to keep his calm, nonchalant persona. But he managed to fail that Clementine already saw him try to hide himself. She enjoyed the sight of him humiliating himself and smirked.

‘’Seems like Mr. Cool lost his name.’’ Clem leaned her body with her arms crossed onto her chest but legs are still standing where it belonged. The teenage boy was obviously not amused and glared at her while Clementine let out a little giggle.

She secretly got flustered finding his intense stare as he looked through her eyes kind of hot. The girl had a small shake in her head causing it to be unnoticeable and lead herself to be dumbfounded to what she just thought.

What the hell just happened?

She decided to change the subject with something related to something more serious, but logical to mention.

‘’But seriously Carl, we need to consider the noise. The walkers will come running and it sure as hell is louder than this.’’ Clementine said while she pointed out her pistol from her pocket holster.  Carl sighed with annoyance.

‘’Just stop whining and take the rifle. Ellie will be back soon so might as well use our time wisely.’’

Clementine rolled her eyes and took the weapon away from his hands. Carl hopped his way down the big stone and instructed his hands to it, signaling that it would serve as her rest. Clementine wrapped the brown leather strap of the rifle around her and took a step forward to the rock in front of her and leisurely took a crouch on the boulder with her right leg rested on the ground and the other leaning on the huge rock.

Clementine placed the gun on the top of the rock with her hand on the trigger and her other on the ammo back for support, just like what Carl taught her. Her left eye was closed and her other eye acted as a keen aiming target and was concentrated at the center of the tree.

She had gotten better now at positions since they have their lesson when they find a place that was clear and safe, but she never shot one before, except when she was still eleven. But Clementine needed to be taught properly; to deal with the kickback.

When Clementine was about to shoot, she suddenly got distracted when she saw Carl really close to her while feeling his heavy breathing. He was standing so close to her she could almost feel his breath under her hair, blowing.

Their faces were very near to each other, almost touching cheeks. She and Carl would always take this position always like this whenever she’s practicing with her rifle so he could see what’s wrong with her pose, but she never felt so confused and ’blushy’ whenever he was around until now.

Her heart never beat this fast, she couldn’t stop herself from smiling sheepishly. She never even realized how handsome he was up close as his brown messy hair was blowing through the wind and his greenish-colored eyes sparkling through the sunlight. Oh, who was she kidding? He looked downright hot!

What she didn't pay attention to was Carl, who was actually repeating snd recalling the lessons they did the past week. Clementine notices something was touching her hand that was in the trigger, and it was his, instructing her finger to hold the trigger properly, for it wasn't even on where it was anymore.