2.22 - Treasure Hunt [ I ]

Playlist :
     Welcome to my nightmare - Alice Cooper

Alison/Sapphire

His body froze as the words left my mouth. I instantly regretted saying them, now even if I want to I can't take them back . Suddenly the cool air in the room became hot. Uncomfortable silence wrapped itself around us, clawing at my lungs, suffocating me. "Ian! I didn't mean to say that." I said with a sigh. He didn't replay nor did he move a muscle. Oh boy! I screwed up, big time!

"You're right." He said. Two words, his two words slashed my heart deeply. The amount of pain, guilt and regret seeping through them made me tongue tied. A strong urge of comforting him surged through me and I gave in by my action as I was loss of words. I wrapped my arms around his waist and rested my head on his back. His body stiffened under my touch, as he didn't relax like he normally does, I began to wonder if it was too much of a bold move? Feeling of dreed filled me as I registered his rejection. I loosened my arms and was about to pull away but was stopped by his hand holding mine back on his waist. We stayed like that for a while before he turned and pulled me back, this time to his chest. I rubbed his back while he rested his chin on top of my head and sighed. His heart was beating faster then normal, I would've chuckled and probably teased him if it weren't for the same condition of mine.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled against his chest. I could feel him shaking his head in reply. "Don't be, you are right." He said and reluctantly pulled away from the hug but kept his hand on my shoulders. "I made a huge mistake before Nathan was born and that caused me the loss of the most important person in my life. I thought, that was my biggest mistake until you said those words and no I don't mean to make you feel guilty. I'm not going to repeat my mistake by sitting over and regretting it. I will try my best to make it better." He completed and smiled at me "Thankyou." He added. I couldn't help but smile back in reply.

An involuntary yawn escaped my lips to which he chuckled. "You must be tired. I'll let you sleep." He said and looked at me for few moments before leaving me there. I took a warm shower and changed before getting under the covers.

Ian's words still rang in my mind. I still don't know what happened in his past but it was clear that he still love his ex-wife and regrets not telling her that. This answered my one question that was formed by the accidental slip of Marie when she said that Ian was beating himself up for the past six years. Although I am yet to learn what exactly happened, it looks like Ian blames himself for his ex-wife's death.

**

"Seriously woman? The man isn't going to reply back by saying 'Hey! I'm a psycho murderer and I'm here to kill you'" I mumbled under my breath as I watched the red head grasp the door knob and open it slowly. "Told you." I said when she screamed her lungs out when the man in mask jumped in front of her with a huge knife.

I took the remote and switched it off because the whole movie was predictable and I had no interest in watching it anymore. Reading novels is much better. I think that when you read such scenes it keeps you more hooked up then watching it on television.

"Sapphire?" Marie's voice broke my internal debate between books and movies. "Yes?" I asked and stood up from the couch. With my hands above my head, I streatched my stiff muscles while I waited for her reply. "Will you please go pick the kids up? Sophia just called in and said she couldn't make it." She asked politely. "Ofcourse but isn't it too early?" I asked whilst glancing at the clock. "Today is Halloween so they are leaving early. The school is hosting a small party for the high school kids." She answered.

"Okay, I'll go get ready." I said and walked in my closet to take something to wear in before making my way towards my bathroom to change. I pried my comfy sweatpants and baggy t-shirt from my body and wore the black skinny jeans and a black tank with a flannel shirt and kept its buttons open. Walking back in the room I wore the black boots and tied my hair in a ponytail. Grabbing my phone and wallet I walked downstairs to see Marie preparing lunch. "I'll be back!" I said whilst making my way towards the door but stopped once Marie called.