2.12 - The Storm

Ian

I was laying on the grass on a summer afternoon wearing a sky blue button up with the sleeves rolled up till my elbows and white trousers. My hand over my closed eyes while I just laid there resting and enjoying the sun shining over my body. Wind woozed over my body and birds chirped happily somewhere among the green trees. Suddenly the air from my lungs got cut off as a heavy weight fell on my tummy.

"Daddy daddy! Mommy is not giving me chocolate" my daughter pouted adorably and jumped on me. I held her and sat up straight. "You already ate this morning, didn't you?" I asked softly and brushed her dark baby hairs from her forehead.

"Yes but I want more" she frowned. I don't like seeing my daughter frowning, makes me angry and sad, a emotion I never thought I'll experience when I'll see another girl sad, except her mother.

Picking up my daughter I folded my legs sitting down Indian style and made her sit on my lap. Scrunching up my face I acted like I was thinking hard "That's a really big problem, now what should we do?" I asked.

"Is the little devil complaining about her mommy again?" The love of my life walked towards us with our son's hands securedly held in hers. Her brunette hair shone under the sun and her baby pink sundress flew behind her because of the soft wind. Seeing her brightened up face makes me smile automatically.

"Yes, she is" I answered as Alison sat down beside me with our son on her lap.

"I have an idea!" I said with a straight face but by the look on Alison's face she could see the amusement and pure bliss in my eyes. "What?" My daughter asked gleefully.

"How about I eat the chocolate that's in your tummy and then you can eat another" I suggested. Before my daughter could understand what I was saying, she squealed as I lifted her in the air and pretended to eat her tummy. Giggles of my adorable little daughter along with the laughter of my son and the women I call my other half, filled the air. It was more melodious then the chirping of birds.

At that moment I was happy and complete man but that couldn't be said for now as I stood there watching my daughter and son hugging Alison with wide grins.

The image of my children in my dream was a younger version of Alison but now it was replaced by two kids with blue eyes, a reflection of mine. The way my heart was beating faster then normal was a clear sign that they are indeed my children.

I dropped on my knees beside Alison while my eyes stayed on the two children who were now looking at me with curious eyes. My hands were itching to pull them closer to my chest and hug them. Tell them that I'm their father. Apologise for the lost six years and spend every second of my life with them.

Play with them, bring them gifts, laugh with them, scold them when they make a mistake and get scoldings from Alison for messing the house while we play. Just a look from this kids and I was imagining things I never imagined to do after I matured. This kids.... my kids made me want to be a kid again but at the same time be a father.

Father.

I'm a father. Not a just a father to fill up the place for Father's Name, or take responsibility of a kid but a father biologically. My blood run in their veins but the thing that made me happier then any happiest person alive right now is that they are created by Alison and me. A outcome of our love that we were too scared to admit to each other and in my case, ourselves.