1.9 - The Gala [ I ]

My fingers were strained from typing all day. Lucy, Ian's secretary who's on maternal leave left a lot of work pending which I am currently working on. I have already typed 8 e-mails and replyed to 5 invitations with apologies. I still have to write 3 more e-mails and I am more then exhausted. My butt is sore from sitting on this chair for past 4 hours.

I sighed a heavy breathe and began typing again. I didn't realised the darkness that has fallen over the sky outside. I was so engrossed in my work that I even failed to hear the footsteps until it reached near my desk. A clearing of throat made me snap my head upwards.

I looked at his blue apologetic eyes through my glasses. As soon as I realised I am still wearing my glasses I quickly removed it. My cheeks heating in embarrassment for no particular reason.

What is wrong with me? I asked myself.

"It's almost 6 Alison. Let's leave" he said in his husky voice. I looked at my desk and saw the still pending e-mails I need to get them done by today if I want a less work load tomorrow. I sighed again and looked at him tiredly and apologetically.

"I can't. I still have work to do. You can leave. I'll be there after a while" I said. He looked at the scattered papers on my desk. "It's ok you can do that tomorrow" he said.

"I don't like to keep my work pending. So I'm not leaving this chair unless its complete" I said with a tone of determination. Challenging him with my eyes to take me home. He frowned and contemplated, then finally marched out angrily.

I really doubt that he is bipolar sometimes.

He continued to watch me with that hard expression till the doors of the elevator closed. I shrugged and got back to my work.

Men, I tell you.

~~~~~~

"Finally" I breathed in after I hit the send button of my last and final e-mail. I quickly placed every papers on their proper place, locked my drawers and switched off the computer. I took all my belongings and dashed towards the elevator.

I cussed as I saw the time. It was almost have past 8. I'm hungry, exhausted and sleepy. I hope I don't drive into a ditch, again. Yes, I tend to do they went I'm sleepy or distracted. I chuckled as I imagined Emily's face when I drove inside a ditch because we were busy fighting over Eminem and One Direction. Obviously I was fighting for Eminem.

She didn't speak to me for a whole hour. That was longest she didn't speak to me after a fight.

I shook my head as I remembered I had to bribe her with a tripple scoop choco chip ice-cream ro make it up to her.

I removed my I-phone and checked Ian's schedule for tomorrow. As I was busy doing so the elevator reached the ground floor and I walked out with my head stuck in my phone.

"Finally" his voice reached my ears. I looked up and found Ian pulling his jacket as he stood up from the couch in the lobby.

"What are you still doing here?" I asked

"Waiting for you. If that isn't obvious" he said while rolling his eyes. Failing miserably to hide his red cheeks.

Ok it's comfirmed he's bipolar.

"I was afraid I would have to sleep on the couch tonight" he said and started walking towards the exit. "I didn't tell you to do so" I said with a smirk. He turned and glared at me.

He reached the car and opened the door for me. "Wait, what about my car?" I asked looking at my baby with concern. "Philip will bring it" he said as Philip, Ian's driver stepped forward and stretched his hand for my keys. I sighed and handed him the keys by saying "Handle with care"