My Horrible Summer

Lulu's POV

My family stood at the airport waiting to pick up my stepsister and my little brother's half sister. Yeah. So I'll explain. I was born from my mom's first marriage which was a bad marriage. They got a divorce right after I was born. Then when I was six years old my mom married my stepdad, who is now legally my dad because he adopted me. Then they had my little brother, Henry, who's eight. Yeah so before they got married my dad was married and had a daughter. Then they got a divorce and moved to Paris. So now here was are.

"Mom? Why do we have to come?" Henry wined leaning on Mama.

"Henry she's your sister. You need to be here."

Henry moaned and sat down in a nearby chair. I barely knew Emma. She only came to Kentucky every other summer, so I hadn't seen her in two years. I strolled over and sat next to Henry. Even though Henry was eight and I was fourteen, we were still pretty close. "I don't want Emma to come. She's not part of our family." Henry pouted.

"Me too," I sighed.

"Henry Lulu come over her. People are starting to come out of the gate," Dad said motioning to us and we stood up and walked over. After lots of people walked out of gate D13 Emma came out. She wore skinny jeans, black over the knee boots, a polka doted shirt, a black barre with her brown hair curled. She had a pastel pink backpack with her. Suddenly I felt self conscious about the jeans, converse, and dance competition t shirt I had on.

"Emma!" Jim called and hugged her.

"Hi Dad!" She said in a slight French accent.

"Hi Emma. It's good to see you." Mama said giving her a hug.

"You too."

"Hi Emma," I said hugging her.

She paused staring at my outfit for a minute before saying, "Hi Lulu."

"Hi," Henry said.

"Hi Henry," Emma hugged him.

"Let's go get your bags," Dad said and we all followed him. I awkwardly walked by Emma trying not to be awkward, but failed. I didn't know what to say. I hadn't seen her in two years.

Mama put her arm around my shoulder and whispered in my ear, "I know it's awkward with her here, but just give it a chance and try and talk okay? Promise me?" Mama squeezed my shoulder and walked next to me.

"Okay. I will. Promise." I loved my mom so much and didn't care that I was fourteen and still called her   Mama.

We got Emma's bags and headed home. It was about two when we got home. "So Em you remember where the guest bedroom is?" Dad asked her.

"Yeah. I think so," She said.

"Do you want some help with your bags?" I offered.

"No. I'm fine. I'm not that weak." She scoffed. I bit my lip and followed her upstairs with Henry running after me.

"The bathroom is just across the hall." I pointed.

"Yeah. I remember. I've been here before. Remember?" She snapped.

"Okay." I turned on my heels and went into my room, closed the door and grabbed my diary out from underneath my bed.

Dear Lulu,
This summer is horrible already. Emma is so rude. I feel like I can't do anything right. I try and be helpful and then she is just so sassy and a jerk back. I promised Mama I'd give her a chance and try and make an effort to talk, but whenever I do she just won't even accept it. I don't know what to do. I could bake a pie. Yes. Out of Efforts Pie. Take caramel, green apples, and sea salt. mix together and top with a graham cracker crust, letting the air and scent escape leaving a sweet and innocent aroma.
Sincerely,
Myself, Lulu

I closed my diary and hid it under my bed and tried texting my friend, Melanie. Usually she'd respond instantly, but she hadn't in a while. I knew she was at Volleyball camp, but I knew she would still respond. I sighed and looked up at my celling, hoping that my summer would get better. At least I'd have Melanie when she got back from camp.

*****

Yay! The sequel! I hope you guys like it! I know how much you all liked the first story! I hope it's as good and you all like it as much! Thanks for reading! Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow me!

Love, leah_ann ❤️