Chapter 16: Saved By The 'Monster' Himself

Start from the beginning

Ethan's last sentence had caught me off guard that I started to choke on my soda. I watched as Ethan started to burst out laughing. "That not funny," I defended as I wiped the soda that was slipped over the table.

His laugh then died down, "I'm serious Freya. He loves you," he restated.

I shook my head, "No. Victor doesn't love, he kills."

Ethan rolled his eyes, "You're like those girls from those cliché movies or books. You clearly see this guys is doing everything for the girl because he loves her yet she doesn't see until the end," he spoke in annoyance.

"Ha! Good one. If he does then prove it," I challenged folding my arms across my chest.

A smirk rose to his face, "Fine. Ten bucks says I'm right. If I'm wrong, I'll pay up," he offered as he pulled a 10 dollar bill out his pocket.

I pulled out 10 bucks and held it up. "Deal," I accepted his offer.

"Okay well, have you ever seen Victor nice to anyone in this town and no, Cain doesn't count. I mean genuine nice?" he asked.

I slowly shook my head. "He could just be having a good day," I defended.

Ethan chuckled, "Victor having a good day? Good one. Have you seen or heard of Victor saving anyone's life?"

I opened my mouth to defend but had nothing.

"I'll take that as a no then. You're the only one he ever save. Freya, he carried you in school and when he got mad at you, he never hit you. If it was anyone else, even that slut Janet, he would of smacked her. I know sometimes he has his rage like the shark thing but he's never physically hurt you," Ethan argued.

I shook my head, "That doesn't mean anything. It doesn't make sense why he treats me different after all these years."

"Freya, you're falling for him slowly and don't even know it," he stated.

My mouth dropped in shock, "No I'm not!"

Ethan then proceed to glare at me. "Then explain why you're still wearing his sweater," he replied.

I opened my mouth to defend myself but I didn't have a reason.

"SHIT!!" I shouted out loud as I realized he was right.

I passed Ethan the 10 bucks and he grinned as he took it from my hand.

"Look, I don't judge who you like but this is Victor. All I'm going to tell you is to be safe. Sure he's not the perfect person but I believe you could change him. Him loving you is his way of changing," Ethan explained. I slowly nodded, "I don't love him. I just sort of grown to like him...Can you please not tell Kai about this or anything," I begged.

Ethan nodded his head, "No problem. Since we're now on the topic of Kai, doesn't he seem a bit...strange?" he questioned. "Yes, I was thinking the same thing. Have you noticed that he still continues to wear his shades even night time," I added.

"I've searched him up on my computer and looked through ever database and only find a little information on him. He is who he says so far but he was in an incident I read on some news article. When he was small, on thanksgiving, there were about 15 people over at his house. Something happened and I think some fuels blew or blackout happened and everyone died excepting the mother and him of course," Ethan informed me.

My eyes widened, "Seriously? Did it say how they died?"

"Sometime about wires being tampered with and it electrocuted them," he mumbled.

Time went by as we started to discuss about more things. After getting bored of talking so much, we decided to watch a movie to pass time. Our movie of choice was Ace Venture: Pet Detective. It was always a great laugh. After that, we went back upstairs to shower and start getting dressed for the party.