"Jimmy!" She cooed, half away on the granite sideboard. An older male with bright green eyes and dark hair styled into a Mohawk turned then barreled down our end. His eyes lit up seeing Ash and he leaned over, squeezing her close.

"Ash, my love! Back again already?" He greeted, his voice a tad higher than the average male

"Yes! I brought my bestie this time," she stated before pulling me forward.

"Ooooo, we got us a fluffy!" Jimmy stated in a chipper tone.

"And what does that mean?" I snapped back.

"A feisty one too," he wriggled his brow before grasping my hand in a quick shake. "I meant that in the highest of compliments my sweet."

"Okay..." I replied unsurely.

"Lennon, this is my guidance counselor-"

"Ex-guidance counselor," he interrupted.

Ash rolled her eyes, "ok, EX guidance counselor James Erikson."

"But please call me Jimmy honey."

"You were a guidance counselor?" I asked, looking him up and down. While not meaning to, I was being a bit judgy.

Jimmy gave a dramatic sigh. "Yes, unfortunately. A year after meeting this sweetheart before you, I was 'let go'," he said using air quotes. "Despite being oh so relatable to the student body, my 'life choices' were called into question."

My lips tugged downward, already catching his drift. Both my mothers had been in that type of situation.

"I'm sorry," I said sincerely.

"It's coolio! My boo owns the place and apparently mixing drinks was my calling!" He winked.

"And that's why we're here," Ash stated, giving me a look.

"Oh no no no honeydew! After how you behaved last night-"

"Chill out! I'm designated bitch this evening!" She paused before sticking a thumb out towards me. "It's for the sour puss beside me."

"Hey!" I protested.

"See!"

"Be back in a sec!" He grinned before sliding down the other end of the bar.

I smacked her shoulder. "What the hell Ash?!"

"You need to loosen up!"

"And you need to, er, tighten up!"

"I'm back!" Jimmy's cheery voice appeared. In front of him was a medium sized glass with a light green liquid swirling around and lime wedge as a garnish. White speckles that looked like sugar lined the rim while a few ice cubes floated at the top.

"What's that?" I questioned, flicking the straw lightly.

"A sour puss for the sour puss," he winked.