Chapter Eight

Erica

A week later nothing had changed...except one thing. I realised I was beginning to focus on Grey Eyes more and more after our encounter. He baffled me to such an extreme, my curiosity was growing. He still refused to talk to me in school but it made me wonder. He says he hates me, so why did he help me? He stares at me in a certain way, so why does he ignore me? All of his actions contradicted eachother.

Apart from that I was still cautious about the Ryan fiasco. He had told me to watch so that's exactly what I was doing. It was lunchtime and I decided to do some work in the library with Juan as I needed to catch up on some coursework and he was great help. My academics were coming along well. Juan was being helpful by showing me what work I have missed out so far. I was busy researching World War 2 and writing down notes for history. I hoped to finish by the end of the week so I had to buckle down and focus.

"Don't forget you have to write your conclusion," he reminded me.

"Yeah, I’ve already started it."

He nodded and spun around on his swivel chair in a bored manner before turning to me. "Is Armani in today?"

"Yeah, why?" I wondered as I continued to scribble down notes. I heard him sigh and glanced up to see him scratch his neck in a nervous gesture.

"Do you know how hard it is tryna avoid her? Every day she hunts me down for money."

I laughed and shook my head. "That’s because you’re her Barclays." He gave me a look and I smiled. "Next time just say no."

"I can't." 

I raised a brow. "Why?" 

"I just can't say no to her." He frowned and I suddenly understood. 

"I get it. You like her."

His expression changed completely. "That’s dead."

I laughed at how quick he was to deny and went back to my notes. "Whatever you say. I can see right through you. You would make a good couple...Juany and Armani." I giggled at their rhyming names and he kissed his teeth. They  were both tiny aswell, I'd happily stuff them in my pouch.

He stuffed his hands in his pockets and continued to spin in the chair. "I admit she’s nice but I don't like her. These times she's stealing my p."

"She’s not stealing it; you’re just giving it to her."

He sighed. "You never take my side do you?" I shrugged and he stood up. "I'm going outside."

I glanced up at his small frame. "But I need you to help me finish."

"You’re doing fine on your own. You’re not even copying my work like you usually do." He wished me good luck before leaving the library.

Fifteen minutes later I was beginning my essay on Microsoft Word when a deep voice came to my ear. 

"Can't say hello nah?"

I turned to see a tall white 6th former with short bronze hair and misty blue eyes. He was quite handsome, and his smile showed a full set of white teeth.

"I'm sorry...do I know you?" I asked in bewilderment.

He laughed and took a seat right beside me. "Tryna be funny Erica?"

"But I honestly don't know who you are," I muttered, slowly turning back to the computer monitor.

He slid his chair closer to mine. "So now you’re gonna try tell me you don’t remember staying at my house?" he whispered.