Chapter Sixteen

Grey Eyes

*Previous day*

I walked down the road, alone with my thoughts. I've never felt so irritated before. You ask one youte to do a simple task for you and they can't do shit right. This is why I always have to take matters into my own hands most of the time.

Sneakz must think I've got time to waste; after all the crow and p I offered him and he still can't do his job properly. I want that fucker dead yet he's still alive somewhere, thinking he can fucking kidnap me and get away wid it, he's mad.

All that time spent in hospital made me realise that life will continue to fuck you over, no matter how hard you try to turn yourself around; there was always something to knock you back down. This is why I say fuck everyone else, I just wanna do me. But Erica always seems to get in the way; I care for her too much. That day when I saw her surrounded by all them man, ready to do something to her, I switched. I knew it was dangerous to do what I done - but whenever I see her in danger I tend not to think of the consequences. I just want her to remain safe, she doesn't realise how much I value her life and existence. The wound would eventually heal, so I couldn't really give two shits about consequences.

I stopped off by the school gates and looked at the time on my watch - 3:11.

Only 4 more minutes, then I can see her.

I decided to go to the shop to kill some time and bought some Supermalt. I could see a couple approaching from across the road, they got closer and I saw it was Rider and his girl Elizabeth. He spudded me and Liz gave a polite smile.

"Wagwaan fam, out of hospital now yeah?"

"Yeah,"

"Since when?"

"Tuesday."

"Seen. You know bare man are looking for them youtes,"

"Yeah? It's not a ting; I'll be catching back up to them soon." He chuckled.

"Got it all sorted yeah?"

"Course," he nodded, "where you headed?"

"Gonna buck my boy at his yard real quick."

"Ah ite, I'll catch you later."

"Yeah yeah, later."

"Cool."

"Stay out of trouble Brandon," Liz warned. I nodded and they walked off to the bus stop.

Had a feeling the mans would start searching on my behalf, it’s a waste of time doe. I work alone in this; don't need no back-up.

I'll be getting them pricks back soon.

The time was 3:16, and children began to exit the school gates. I leaned against the wall and waited to see her. Eventually she came out wid Juan, they were talking - probably about something irrelevant. I watched her closely. I manage to get in every detail about her, I like to study her the most, she was interesting; her body language and demeanour was fascinating to me. Her face creased as she frowned slightly and her body slumped as she looked directly at Juan. She was bothered, that much was clear. I knew every single action she would do for different emotions; I could always depict the mood she'd be in. It was just natural. I dug my hands in my pockets and stared.

She finally turned away from him and her eyes set on me. I continued to watch her, then nodded my head towards her, gesturing for her to approach me. She smiled that beautiful smile but didn't move. She turned back to Juan who was still stood there and said a few words, causing him to look back at me, then nodded. He gave her a brief hug and walked off. She eventually came over and I watched her intently. Her whole aura made me feel less pissed off, she wouldn't stop smiling, but I just looked at her. She then sprang forward and hugged me. It was only a natural instinct to clutch her tight and hold her against me.