Chapter Seventeen

Erica

I stared at him with such spite and resentment. I never knew I could feel so much venom and animosity towards one person - but now I knew it were possible. My neck ached and throbbed viciously from when he had clutched it so tight and firm. I could feel my neck muscles tighten from the unbearable pain that I had endured. I was lucky he decided to let me go when he did; otherwise I would have gone through severe suffocation. I wouldn't have minded to be honest. It's not like I enjoyed this life anyway; I've experienced so many things in this short new life that I've regretted already. I'd lay in bed some nights, wishing that I had been put out of that coma, and out of misery forever. The driver should have run over me multiple times so there was no possible way of me surviving. I've had so many chances to escape this nightmare that people call life - especially today. Z could have killed me if he actually wanted to.

But he didn't.

Instead he had dragged me back into my room, and since then we've done nothing but watch each other. We battled in a stare war that he was winning so far. I held a permanent frown on my face as I rubbed my damaged sore neck. His eyes were narrowed, and his eyebrows lowered. This wasn't the Z I knew, his appearance had changed completely. His hair more ruffled and coarse, his body language more rigid and alert - not to mention his lips always twisted in a snarling manner. He actually appeared intimidating, but I knew deep down the real Z was in there, locked up and imprisoned. Instead this beast was stood before me. But I couldn't care less; I'd adapted a new feeling towards Z. Hate.

He regarded me closely, and then his eyebrows drew closer as his frown deepened.

"Don't fucking screw me Erica." He spat. My heart began to pulse quicker from the fury.

"You almost strangled me to death." I replied with a straight face. He stood there at the far end of the room, as far away from me as possible, he didn't want to be anywhere near me. Which was good, I couldn't stand the sight of him right now. He brought his hands together and cracked his knuckles with his eyes still on me.

"I had every reason to." He said coldly. I regarded him and felt the hatred increase dramatically.

"What do you want from me? You've already made my life worse, what more could you want?" I asked bewildered. His emotion didn't change as he continued to stare at me. I breathed deeply, wondering what exactly was on his mind. He was just like Grey Eyes at this moment - his eyes shielded his actual thoughts. I had no idea what he was thinking. No doubt it was negative thoughts. After a few seconds of silence his lips parted.

"I want you to feel the hurt that I felt." He said in a low tone. I raised my eyebrow at his questionable manner.

"You said you didn't hate me. You told me you wouldn't say anything." He kissed his teeth and looked away for the first time since we entered the room.

"Don't piss me off," he muttered.

"I knew it. You really did hate me; you told me it didn't matter but we both knew it did... you lied to me-"

"Don't fucking talk about lying Erica. These time's you're the liar." I paused.

"What did I lie about?" I asked confused. He sneered at me before resting his back against the wall.

"And now you act as if you don't know?" He asked. I shook my head.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I answered truthfully. I watched his chest rise and fall as he took a weighty breath. He was getting angry - but I didn't care. No-one told him to enter my room deliberately.

"The video." He said after a brief moment. I questioned him mentally, wondering what he was saying, but I had no idea what he was referring to.

"What video?" I asked.