Chapter 11 (The Last Resort)

"Don't you get it, Ethan? She killed you!" Satan spat, pacing around the room like a mad man. I bit my lip, tasting metallic-like liquid to hold back my treacherous cries.

"She remembered that I hit her," I mumbled, hearing the tiniest bit of a quiver that would send Satan off. But he froze.

"No, that's not possible," he said, shaking his head in denial. "Not unless..." he trailed off, his flames dimming.

"No. She cannot be one of those disgusting pieces of-".

"She is! Just like your mother was!"

I faced downward, letting tears fall so that Satan couldn't view them streaking down my face.

"She's a Chosen One. And not only that, but they're all witches. Her entire group."

I froze, slowly looking up at Satan. The girl I had some type of emotion for is the same being that made my life a living hell.

"And you were stupid enough to trust her. So very weak you are. I think you know what this means." Satan looked into my eyes, and I knew he was right. "You must be punished."

I nodded. I willingly walked with him to the Oak tree, which was covered with red from my many mistakes. He swung his "beating branch" from hand to hand.

But before he pinned me to the tree, I fell to my knees and the tears outpoured. Before the shooting pain rushed throughout my body as the branch whipped across my back, I heard my final condemnation.

"And for that, that's triple. Hey, and that was your choice, not mine."

Wack.

**********

Katherine dunked her finger in Ethan's blood, and smeared it on the mirror.

"What about STDs?" Hazel chuckled like a moron. Everyone, even I, glared at her. She shut up after that, composing herself by clearing her throat.

"I volunteer Coleman as tester," Katherine snickered, glancing at the others for approval. They all nodded and chuckled.

"He's ready." Leah gripped me from behind, shoving me toward the mirror. Before having to use my moves, Katherine threw a hand over my chest, shoving me away from our reverse reflection.

She slowly raised a hand to the surface, and gasped, flying her hand back before even touching it.

"I can feel it," she spoke in shock. "Death."

"Oh, please," Leah started. She shoved Katherine in a playful manner, yet everyone gasped, as the scariest thing occured.

Katherine fell into the mirror. She actually went through.

"Why did you do that?" Cody flipped.

"How am I supposed to know that this insane shit is real?" Leah yelled in defense.

"Well you reach in after her. You shoved her in," Cody demanded.

"Alright," Leah turned to hit him, but stopped when he shrunk away. I guess she needs some release....

She stuck her arm through, feeling around for the curvy girl. Leah almost made a disgusted face, yet from struggle.

She struggled, pulling someone out. Everyone stepped back in fear of something else, but Katherine tumbled to the floor, only looking slightly insaner. No harm done.

Except for when she flipped her lid.

"Why did you do that?" Katherine raised her voice.

"It was an accident," Leah whined.

"Oh, so you accidentally shove me in a hellish dimension?" She ranted.

Katherine suddenly jolted in shock, staring at the mirror. I jumped in reaction, seeing movement through my peripheral vision.

"It's him."

Katherine ran for the mirror, kicking it. The glass shards flew every which way, causing panic.

How could she have gotten any more insane?

She started stamping on the shards with her bare feet, her blood pouring out of the wounds, and onto Cody's floor.

"Stop! It's over!" Alex spoke up since no one else could. Katherine stumbled back after being swung by the arm.

"Don't you see?" Her eyes grew huge, and her lashes didn't make her look any less crazy. "It's Micheal. He was about to eat us."

"What the hell is in that place?" Cody shook his head in disbelief, looking Katherine up and down.

"I could actually feel it," said Leah. "Like death was lying in the palm of your hand." She dazed off. Cody and Hazel looked horrified. Alex looked concerned.

"Hello," someone spoke darkly in the doorway. It was him. The flames in his eyes glew Ember, and blood was caked all over his clothing.

Hazel screamed, cowering a away into Cody. Alex slightly clung to Katherine and Leah. I stood in front as the brave soldier.

"You did that to him?" Katherine darkened.

"Me?" His calmness transformed into rage. He slammed Katherine into a wall, closing in on her face. Everyone stood abruptly, shocked. "You killed him."

"I put him out of his misery," Katherine's voice quivered.

"What? No one said anything about killing," Cody spoke innocently.

"I had to!" Katherine actually screamed, and even teared up. "He means nothing to you," she whispered, looking pained. "Why don't you let us take him off your hands?"

"Why? He's damaged."

"So what," she struck again.

"He's trash."

"Then what does is matter if we have him?"

"He's my weapon. You're thy enemy. Get the picture?" Satan emphasized, as though she was stupid.

"Give him to me, or I take him," Katherine threatened, losing all sense of fear. The others shook their heads, knowing the outcomes of Katherine's ways. We're all going to die.

"How are you going to do that? You're worthless. You're all worthless. Just like him." Satan insulted. Katherine's nose crinkled with rage, and she spat right in his face.

Hazel gasped, and covered her mouth, knowing precisely what the outcomes are now.

Suddenly, she whipped out a shard of the mirror, and slashed at Satan's face.

She struck once on his cheek. Although, he caught her hand the second time... When she had went for the throat.

He had a lethal stare, looking into her eyes, and we all knew for a fact that our end was soon to come.