"Don't...just...what?" I was a bit flustered and couldn't find the right words to halt this conversation. "I.. don't."

     "What?" Marissa snickered.

     "I'll talk to Demi on my own terms. And since when did you two share cell numbers?" I wondered as Taylor shrugged. "I can call Demi on my own, thank you very much."

     "Okay, call her." Marissa bossily stated.

     "I will."

     "Call her now."

     "How can I, when you're on Taylor's phone."

     "Use your own."

     "It's in the house."

     "Excuses, excuses." Marissa had went on for another few seconds before yelling goodbye through the receiver. Taylor smirked, facing me as I shook my head. The woman was practically enjoying my internal torment.

     "Are you and Marissa best friend's now or something?"

     "She's my nemesis. Can't live with her, can't live without her." My friend responded, standing before grabbing my hand and helping me to do the same. We wandered inside, my mug still snug against my fingers. For some reason I was feeling a bit nervous about calling my friend. What if she was busy? What if she was in the studio? What if she had a reason for not contacting me in four days? I frowned at my own thoughts, knowing the old Demi, when she left me, never gave a warning. It pained me to think about her doing such a thing now. It would definitely pierce me more this time around.

     "Dude, you made the list." Taylor squealed, hopping onto the island counter in the kitchen before grabbing my scribbled notes into her hand. Her eye darted through the small bullet points before she nodded. "Baby, you've got it bad."

     "I don't get her." I mumble. "First she tells me we shouldn't rush into things because of Nick. And now that he's out of the picture I feel as if everything has changed between us. Demi's usually this outgoing and crazy strong willed human being, but around me she's...."

     "Terrified?" Taylor added in. "Of course she is. You're everything she's ever wanted, idiot. She loves you so much that she's scared to screw it up."

     "I'm scared myself. This isn't something I usually get myself into. I mean, never in a million years would I have thought to leave my boyfriend of a few years just to try something that could potentially make or break the relationship that I have with Demi now." I sighed, laying my head against Taylor's lap as she ran her fingers through my hair.

     "You're a mess." My friend pinched my cheek as I shrugged.

     "I should call her, right?"

     "Yes."

     "But I don't know what to say."

     "Tell her you want to hang out. Or better yet, make her sing that song you forced her to promise you she'll get to."

     "I didn't force her to do anything." I moved away, sticking out my tongue before pouting. "I'll just call her."

     "Okay."

     "And I'll ask her to come over."

     "Uh huh."

     "And..."

     "Gross, Selena."

     "I wasn't even thinking that way. Marissa has really rubbed off on you." I place my coffee mug onto the side of the counter before crossing my arms. "So I should call right?"